News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Neil_Crafter

Man - Arm End has its Development Approval and a signed lease with the government. Bedding down water supply and some aboriginal heritage issues and hopefully a start later this year. Crafter and Mogford are the lead architects with assistance from our esteemed US colleague Mike Nuzzo. Site is fantastic and we hope to do it justice.

Matthew Mollica

Thanks Neil. Very exciting news. The site looks amazing. Glad to hear it is progressing.
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Dieter Jones

Matt, all I can add to Neil's summary is that the planned fuel reduction burn off is back on the agenda. Parks and Wildlife had hoped to do this around the last quarter of 2013 but it was either too green after winter, too windy (as always around that time is Tasmania) or too hot.

I noticed a sign up on the entrance this week saying that the burn was going to be happening. The good part is that this will not only show the contours of the land under the 2 foot high grass but will hopefully address the issue of aboriginal heritage requirements for the site.

Musselroe bay went quiet for about 5 years. There was mention made of it again last winter but I cant say I looked into it that closely to see if the plans were the same (ie still clayton design etc). I think the hope was for construction to start mid 2014 but we all know how elastic those dates tend to become. I suggest that Mac would be your best source on that one.

I wonder if MB proceeding would have any impact on the 3rd course at Barnbougle- in particular start time and choice of architect.
Never argue with an idiot. They will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Mike_Clayton

Dieter,

We were at Musselroe last week. It looks as likely as these things ever look.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back