News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Bite Me Thread II
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »
I sense it's time for another Bite Me thread.  Fazio hate.  Rater hate.  Augusta hate.  Bubba hate.  Forget Gilbert Grape, what's eating you?

Thread rules,  you may only state what's eating you.  No reference to other posts - let's not feel obligated to defend our hate or debate another's.

What's eating Bogey?   Augusta hate.  Sure, the constriction (not to mention the lengthening) of the 7th hole and the ridiculous forest planted right of 11 are foolish.  Ditto the "second cut" (not to mention not calling it "rough). Anyone who can't see beyond these changes or the self-importance of the membership and powers that be there doesn't get golf course architecture at all.  Two courses consistently rank above it.  One has original bunkers buried deep in the forest of no return and the other has bunkers under its stupid trees.  

You bozo's would be fawning all over Augusta if you thought you had an even slim chance of access in your lifetime.  I can only imagine if Huntley was a member.

If you aren't amazed by Augusta National Golf Club's golf course you can bite me.

Your turn.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:35:29 AM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Garland Bayley

Re: Bite Me Thread II
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »
Those people that think artificial ponds are appropriate things to put on golf courses, and who think I complain about them too much can bite me.

Posters more knowledgeable that me have pointed out that they are simply the lazy man's way to create a hazard, perhaps while collecting a huge signature fee.

Other knowledgeable posters have pointed out that they take away the most interesting shot in golf, the recovery shot.

Those that do not recognize that Augusta National sits too high in golf course esteem, in part because they employ artificial ponds to ruin the golfing experience there can step away from the keyboard, and bite me. ;)

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
People who can not appreciate the value that comes from loving something can bite me. 

Sean_A

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »
All the folks fretting about the end of the world because some guys can hit a 6 iron further than they can a driver.  Y'all can bite me. Find a new topic to beat to death or do something about the end of the world. 

Ciao  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:16:21 PM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »

Those people that think artificial ponds are appropriate things to put on golf courses, and who think I complain about them too much can bite me.
[
Garland,

Tell us, where are you going to store the water needed for irrigation on a site absent any water ?

Posters more knowledgeable that me have pointed out that they are simply the lazy man's way to create a hazard, perhaps while collecting a huge signature fee.

Other knowledgeable posters have pointed out that they take away the most interesting shot in golf, the recovery shot.

Those that do not recognize that Augusta National sits too high in golf course esteem, in part because they employ artificial ponds to ruin the golfing experience there can step away from the keyboard, and bite me. ;)

Anyone who doesn't think that ANGC is a great course can "bite me"

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:24:12 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

BCowan

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

[
Garland,

Tell us, where are you going to store the water needed for irrigation on a site absent any water ?/color]The course didn't have as many ponds in the original design.  Explains how much better Augusta was prior to the modern changes!

Those that do not recognize that Augusta National sits too high in golf course esteem, in part because they employ artificial ponds to ruin the golfing experience there can step away from the keyboard, and bite me. ;)Same with the people that have your outlook!

Think the original design was far more superior to modern day Bay hill it has become!  At least AP is for changing greens back to UD or Bermuda so they are firmer!  People who get upset when some deviate from the 3 by 5 note card, people who adore heaters under greens and value form over function can ''Bite Me''

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
People that can't follow the rules set down in a thread can bite me.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 12:52:01 PM »

Garland,

Tell us, where are you going to store the water needed for irrigation on a site absent any water ?

The answer to this is so blatantly obvious, and covered so many times on this website, one has to wonder why you waste the time asking it. You are boring us again.

Who would that be referring to? I haven't seen anyone say it was not a great course on this thread.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Nigel Islam

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »
All this snow and ice can (frost) bite me!

Ed Brzezowski

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »
People that don't think about colorblind/color sensitive folks who cannot figure out some of these posts. Just bite me you morons!
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:09:05 PM »
People that don't think about colorblind/color sensitive folks who cannot figure out some of these posts. Just bite me you morons!

Consider yourself bitten. Sorry, never thought about that before.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
TV viewers who watch each telecast with the object purpose of finding and calling in Rules of Golf Violations that a fellow gentleman/gentlewoman playing partner or walking Rules Official does not immediately call as a clean violation of the Rules of Golf - can both bite me and eat my shorts.

As a result, the media may need to cover the golf evnt rather than the story of a perported violation of a Rule. "Oh the travesty and oh the humanity."

End of Rant.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »
All of these threads that just turn into contentious never ending arguments are really grating on me.  Everything doesn't have to turn into an argument and there are only so many ways you can say something.  At some point the person you are talking (or typing) with isn't going to listen/learn.

Skip Bayless wannabes can bite me.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 02:27:18 PM »

+! BITE ME AS WELL

Jason Thurman

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 03:22:19 PM »
In general, there's nothing like listening to suggestions for improving Augusta, Pebble Beach, or any other unanimously great course from people who have no idea what a kill switch is. If that sounds like you, you can trust that I improvise your name into the outro of 2Pac's "Hit 'em Up" when I hear it.

"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Joey Chase

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »
People that suggest others do an extensive search before starting a new thread that has been discussed already, they can bite me.  Maybe there are others new to the forum that have something new to contribute to said topic as well?  If it is relevant to the poster, who are you to crush it, ignore it!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:50:50 PM by Joey Chase »

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »
People who complain about Johnny Miller's announcing can bite me. I've had about has much of CBS's canned sincerity and forced hilarity as I can take for one winter. God love David Feherty, but even he gets a little bit much after a few weeks. Give me Miller's unfiltered and unselfconscious blurts -- even when he's telling you how good he used to be -- any day over Jim Nantz's treacle and Nick Faldo's false modesty. You were the best in the world once, Nick. Nothing wrong in telling schlubs like us how the best player in the world used to do it. How many other guys know?
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Joe Hancock

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
Pastors who handle rattlesnakes can bite....wait, I think I have it backwards......

Never mind.
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 07:51:44 AM »
Joe,

I have never asked a rattlesnake on a golf course to "bite me."  Seems dangerous......At Sand Hills, I climbed a hill on that bunker on 18 to take a photo, and damn near sat on a rattler.  He just looked and rattled, but didn't bite, thank God.  I scared him as much as he scared me and jumped off the bank.  He tried to slither across the fairway to another wild area, but was killed with a 4 iron by a golfer in the next group.....

I hate to answer on this thread, as it seems impolite to post what riles my feathers.....since most of my gripes here would center on certain habits of a number of posters.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Jason Thurman

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
I hope I'm allowed to reference other posts for the purposes of agreement, because Bruce, Ed, and Sven all took words right out of my mouth.

Jeff, you can complain about our bad habits. I'm well aware of mine and wish I could stop. This thread is a safe place and no offense should be taken by anyone. After all, Michael and I are both Southerners and there's a good chance that Joe just insulted our recently deceased pastor. I'd call him on it, but Michael spelled the rules out clearly at the beginning of this thread so instead I'll just pray for him.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
The entire month of February can BITE ME!

With follow-on flooding likely forthcoming, March can Bite Me too!

Paul Jones

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:31 PM »
People that think to make a course better they must make it harder... Can bite me
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Rees Milikin

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 09:20:02 PM »
The Konica Minolta BizHub Cam can Bite Me

Bill Brightly

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 09:30:37 PM »
Posters who write about Macdonald copying holes, not just features he admired, can bite me.

Lyndell Young

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 12:46:12 AM »
Players who complain about Bunker sand consistency Can BM.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back