News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin Lynch

Re: Detour This Weekend: Suggestions for eastern North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and PMs. 

Looks like we are going to salvage a nice trip out of this after all.  Playing 18-36 tomorrow in Greenville before heading to Pinehurst.  No rounds likely available there on Sunday, but we can get to Pinecrest in Lumberton in about an hour from the condo.

Sounds like Pinecrest may be the pleasant surprise of the trip (thanks to Jim Kennedy for the tip).  I've been told not to miss Fuller's Old Fashioned BBQ in Lumberton, so a nice audible there.

Rescheduled our Mid Pines round for Monday, so we should be able to see the completed restoration, before Tobacco Road on the return trip Tuesday.

As Peyton Manning knows, the ability to call an audible is huge!  OMAHA!!

Matt Bielawa

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »
For what it's worth, Pinehurst told me today that they're hoping to be able to have a shotgun start around noon on Monday, so hopefully enough snow will have melted and you'll be able to get through Mid Pines on Monday.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »
If Dormie is open Tuesday I would suggest that over TR as I think it would drain better and is just a better track.

jeffwarne

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »
just got pictures of Palmetto-they're trying to be open for next WEDNESDAY!
yikes
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 03:43:11 PM »
Original Plan:
Saturday-Dormie
Sunday-#1 and MidPines
Monday-#3 and Southern Pines
Tuesday-Tobacco Road

New Plan:
Saturday-Cutter Creek (Snow Hill, NC)-9 holes...so cold and windy we couldn't finish. About ten miles east it was sunny and calm.
Sunday-Pine Crest (Lumberton, NC)-18 for me (back not cooperating) and 36 for the others. Thanks, Jim Kennedy and Cory Lewis, for the tip. This is one that you need to see. Really interesting story about Dick Wilson and Donald Ross and this golf course.
Monday-#3 or #1 (hopefully) in morning and MidPines in afternoon
Tuesday-Tobacco Road
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tom Fagerli

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 06:39:10 PM »
Hope you get to play tomorrow! Give us details about Pinecrest when you can- the course and the re-do at the Inn!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back