News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Joel Pear

Western Am returning to the "Point" in 2019
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:58:33 AM »
Just saw this in the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/golf/chi-western-amateur-returns-to-point-owoods-in-19-20140204,0,4772242.story

I have always enjoyed Point O'Woods, and am always amazed at the scores the talented ams shoot there.

J_ Crisham

Re: Western Am returning to the "Point" in 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:16:36 AM »
Nice to see it rotate thru The Point. Beverly will be a good fit this August. I will be trolling for GCAers who would like to volunteer this year at Bev. Our volunteer website will be up and running in the next week or two. Will post a thread as we get closer.

Matt Glore

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:01:27 AM »
Great news, I remember following Kevin Stadler and Camilo Villegas out there one year.  The Point is a great venue for the tournament.  The extra hotel that is up at Harbor Shores will also be nice.  This area has some great golf.

Joey Chase

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »
Point O' Woods was my first renovation project with Roger Rulewich.  I am quite fond of the golf course, and although it is typical Jones, it is a classic as well... at least to me.  It was cool to hear Roger talk about the course just after it opened and the evolution it had gone through with his time under Jones.

Ken Fry

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »

Point O' Woods was my first renovation project with Roger Rulewich.  I am quite fond of the golf course, and although it is typical Jones, it is a classic as well... at least to me.  It was cool to hear Roger talk about the course just after it opened and the evolution it had gone through with his time under Jones.

Joey,

I'd like to hear your feedback on two major changes during the renovation:  #2 green and #9 tee.  I understand the soil and ravine issues on #2 but feel the green stands out from the rest of the course.  On #9, I know the bridge had to be dealt with and the championship tee had size and canopy issues but to say the changes to the teeing ground have been polarizing is an understatement.

Ken

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back