News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Coles

Belfast
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
Planning a short trip to Ireland via Belfast to play Lough Erne, Rosses Point and Enniscrone. Last day we drive back from Sligo to Belfast for an evening flight.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations for courses to play on the way back or preferably around Belfast?

Ally Mcintosh

Re: Belfast
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:26:40 PM »
Hi Ryan, to be honest I'd play Strandhill in Sligo then drive for your flight. But beware that drive is a little painful.

If you want to play in Belfast then the 3 best choices are Royal Belfast, Belvoir Park (both Colt) or Malone.

Johnny_Browne

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
Hi Ryan,
Ally's suggestions are the best 3 courses in the Belfast area.  All are good but Belvoir is the best (a little biased as I am a member there).  it is one of the best routed Harry Colt courses you will find anywhere with  5 classic par 3s.  I can almost certainly help with getting you on at Belvoir.
Johnny

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
A major disappointment from my 2007 trip to Belfast for the Walker Cup at Royal County Down was not being able to take Johnny up on his generous offer to play Belvoir.  Hopefully you can make up for my failure. 

Ryan Coles

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:59:39 PM »
Many thanks. Will give Belvoir Park a call tomorrow.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back