News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Re: 2013 Photos - B Sides
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
Ballyliffin

Carne

Leo Barber

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2013, 03:01:12 AM »
The B Side photos are simply amazing this year - there are some honestly stunning photos.  Having taken a place on this years committee for the A side, I will share a few of my pics over here, albeit with a shade of inadequacy.  

Was a pretty good year for me with travel and golf.  Played some great courses, met many new friends and fellow industry folk and also reconnected with some old friends.

Taught this guy to use a shovel and rake when we first worked together at Royal Melbourne many years ago.  Was emotional to be shown around "his course", TPC Potomac where he is now Supt. and view the amazing job he is doing.

The trip kicked off however on the Monterey Peninsula with a few bucket list courses.  Just a naturally stunning part of the world with an amazing integration between nature and golf.  

These were my favourites

17th Pebble Beach

7th Pebble Beach

And I guess though technically this is not mine, the shot we all dream of playing......deficient technique and all.

Lukas Michel

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2013, 07:56:41 AM »
Couple of B sides from myself. Playing around with some post processing and not exactly convinced by the results. Clicking the photos brings up wallpaper sized versions.

Spare hole at Metropolitan G.C. (Sandbelt)

13th tee The Dunes G.C. (Mornington Peninsula)

10th approach at St Andrews Beach

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:42:15 AM by Lukas Michel »

JC Jones

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »
Winner (loser) has to play a round with JB and suffer through the embarrassment of being out-driven all day.

I'll play anytime with JB because when we play, he has to suffer through the embarrassment of being out-driven all day by a guy shooting 20 strokes higher than him!!   ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

JC Jones

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »
Winner (loser) has to play a round with JB and suffer through the embarrassment of being out-driven all day.

I'll play anytime with JB because when we play, he has to suffer through the embarrassment of being out-driven all day by a guy shooting 20 strokes higher than him!!   ;D

Haha, I do recall that ONE time you outdrove JB at Old Town: "Come on, get past Becker...GET PAST BECKER!!!...YYYEEEAAHHH!!!"

I will admit I did the same thing when I out drove him on the first (for the first, and likely, only time I ever will in my life).

You remember the FIRST time.  The back 9 was an out right drubbing for Becker.  I got him on 12, 13, and 17.  I also remember how you felt when your well struck drive was 80 yards behind my heel shot on 10.   ;D

Also, Becker did not hit driver on the first.....
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Wayne_Freedman

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »
Some of those shots work damn well, Lukas. The last, particularly, because it is true to the elevation while also showing the flag, the shot, and the architecture. With the black and white, did you filter on site, or later?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:14:39 PM by Wayne_Freedman »

jonathan_becker

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »
JC blew it by me on the 9th at Old Town right here

This is on the 13th and I caught JC outwardly cheering that he outdrove me!  Great shot.  The other two mentions, I don't remember, so as far as I'm concerned they didn't happen.  

Lukas Michel

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2013, 06:46:12 PM »
Some of those shots work damn well, Lukas. The last, particularly, because it is true to the elevation while also showing the flag, the shot, and the architecture. With the black and white, did you filter on site, or later?

Thanks Wayne.

The black and white photo was done using a black & white adjustment layer in Photoshop. I then just played around with the sliders until I got what you see there.

I too was happy with the last one for the same reason.

JC Jones

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2013, 10:36:11 PM »
Yes, but I'm a loveable POS  ;D ;D

Merry Christmas Sheehy!

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2013, 02:12:01 AM »
2013 was a year where golf was low on my priority list, so after the Hundred Hole Hike Downunder, ironically saw me play just a handful of rounds, albeit at good tracks: Thirteenth Beach, St Andrews Beach and Barnbougle.

Here is my favourite pic of the year - Thirteenth Beach Golf Links - Beach course - my 100th hole with my two girls on the bag:

...and our Inaugural Seve Memorial Golf Day at St Andrews Beach - 1st tee, Seve gear, persimmons, 70's blades and ballatas:

@theflatsticker

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »

Maidstone

Jonathon, Maidstone looks really good - that shot reminds me a lot of the par 5 8th at Lost Farm - bench type green with abrupt drop into the large green side bunker
@theflatsticker

Eric Smith

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »
Here are some of my pics from 2013. Hard to believe it's been nearly a year since we were down at Streamsong.

Ian Andrew (and Chris Johnston) at Streamsong

Thaw Out - Pawley's Island Tavern

Wynn Las Vegas

Night putting at Kinloch

Cheesesteaks with GCAers before playing St David's

Ron Csigo at Sleepy Hollow

Memorial Day at Sebonack

Keith O at Shinnecock

Cozy Inn, about an hour north of Prairie Dunes. What a treat. Thank you, Brandon Urban!

At the Kansas / Nebraska border

Doc Wellmon at Dismal River

Champions Dinner at the 5th Major

Sam Morrow and David Davis at Wolf Point

Par 3 fourth hole at Sequatchie Valley

Lastly, this summer both of my girls decided that they were ready to learn to play golf, but then school started and they stayed busy with their other activities. I'm really looking forward to the spring and all of the opportunity it brings.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back