News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Re: Pebble Beach advice welcomed!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
Here's a vote for Spyglass over everything but Pebble. First four are spectacular and the rest of the forest holes are still as good as any within a 100 miles. Dont miss the Spyglass burger at the turn with a side of primerib chili.
For dinner Roy's at Spanish Bay at sunset is hard to beat.
Between Monterey and Santa Cruz is the best Ciopino on the west coast at Phil's Fishhouse in Moss Landing.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:02:05 AM by Tim Leahy »
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »
Kevin,

If you can, try to be amongst the first two or three groups to tee off in the morning, and, the last group of the day.

Otherwise,  you're in for an excruciatingly long round, but, it is a magnificent setting.

If you're staying at any of the PB hotels, try to make a lunch and/or dinner reservation at the club at Stillwater Cove.

Kevin_D

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »
Many thanks for all the terrific advice (golf and otherwise).

It's funny, just the other day a friend was saying he heard the Cal Club is fantastic, and all the accolades here. I hadn't even heard of it before (my ignorance is astounding sometimes) but whew, it looks amazing. Though I guess a lot does in that part of the world!  I guess the Hogan adage about California is true.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back