News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Congratulations due at Paramount
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »
Tip of the hat to Steve Lapper, Jim Urbina, Brian Chapin, et al:

Golf Magazine Honor
http://www.thegolfwire.com/stories/307081
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Steve Lapper

Re: Congratulations due at Paramount
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:19:43 PM »
Tip of the hat to Steve Lapper, Jim Urbina, Brian Chapin, et al:

Golf Magazine Honor
http://www.thegolfwire.com/stories/307081

Ron,

Thanks!! It was certainly quite gratifying to see Paramount receive this honor.

The real "shoulders" on this feat belong to Jim, Brian and the Mandelbaum family, in particular…. Jeff Mandelbaum.

In hindsight, I was the most replaceable of the bunch…just ask Mucci or Policano, or maybe even Steve Scott! :-*

A Healthy, Happy and Joyful Holidays and 2014 to all the nut-gathers and assorted roués in the Treehouse.
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »
Steve,

I think Paramount is an unusual example where a new owner comes in, commits funds and retains experts and improves the product, immediately.

Jeff Mandelbaum deserves alot of credit, as do you and the others.

I still think the idea of extending # 7 tee and creating an HHA feature will retain the valuable features and improve the play of the hole

Chris Johnston

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »
Well played, Paramount!

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 11:14:41 AM »
I had the good fortune to play Paramount back in 2011 through the generosity of Steve Lapper at which time Jim Urbina had finished the first four holes. Fast forward to this past Summer for another play and it's clear it deserves all the accolades it gets and more. We were lucky enough to  hang out with Brian Chapin after the round and learn a little bit about the renovation and what was involved. The vibe at Paramount is great  as well with all the cool old outbuildings and clubhouse and you really feel a sense of old world charm when you are on the property. For me it has a great collection of par three holes with the "reef" hole finisher a standout. Congrats to all involved as Paramount is really shining. :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:17:20 AM by Tim Martin »

Joe Bausch

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 01:38:02 PM »
I had the good fortune to play Paramount back in 2011 through the generosity of Steve Lapper at which time Jim Urbina had finished the first four holes. Fast forward to this past Summer for another play and it's clear it deserves all the accolades it gets and more. We were lucky enough to  hang out with Brian Chapin after the round and learn a little bit about the renovation and what was involved. The vibe at Paramount is great  as well with all the cool old outbuildings and clubhouse and you really feel a sense of old world charm when you are on the property. For me it has a great collection of par three holes with the "reef" hole finisher a standout. Congrats to all involved as Paramount is really shining. :)

Well said Tim.

I really enjoyed my day at Paramount this summer.

http://xchem.villanova.edu/~bausch/images/albums/Paramount/
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 04:33:03 PM »
Congrates to Jim, Brian, and all involved.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »
Excellent choice.  Congratulations all around!
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Steve Lapper

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 06:04:41 AM »
Well played, Paramount!

And ditto to you my friend. It was a good year for both Dismal and Paramount!

Thanks to all of those who've taken the time to congratulate us. Much appreciated ;)
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back