News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Brancaster
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »
The website is showing the course and clubhouse closed until further notice due to last weeks storm. Anyone know the extent of the damage?
Cave Nil Vino

Tony_Muldoon

Re: Brancaster
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »
I presume your house and golf course (sic) are ok?

James B posted a thread on the welcome they gave only last week and I have been wondering.

Watching progress of the storm down the east coast, it seemed like further north than Fife was fine. The Firth of forth appeared to miss the worst of it but East Anglia tool the brunt.   There were reports of the shingle bank at Brancaster being washed away.  I used to windsurf to it and it was roughly opposite the pier, so the beaches by Brancaster and Hunstanton definitely took a hit.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
Tony we got lucky as the wind died in time for the 0045 high tide. 2-3' waves and the sea would have come over, I'd deployed 30 sands bags just in case.
Cave Nil Vino

John Mayhugh

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
Mark,
Glad to hear Number One survived just fine.

I'm really hoping for good news from Brancaster.  Doesn't get much more special than there.

James Boon

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »
Tony,

That was Hunstanton up the road that I posted about!  ::)

Have asked my none golfing friends who live that way and they dont know about the golf courses as the local news is still mentioning other flood disruption ahead of such things that we odd balls on this website find interesting... If I hear anything I will post accordingly. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Sean_A

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »
I think Hunstanton sustained serious damage last Thursday.  I heard the 1-7, a short 9th and the 13-18 were open for play.  The 8th and 10-12 I think were under water.  It may be that Brancaster was hit even harder.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 03:08:27 AM »
According to the Brancaster website they hope to open on Monday.
Cave Nil Vino

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back