News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Garvelink

Re: What's the most you'd pay to play a great course?
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 07:53:55 PM »
I have payed $250 a couple of times and have not regretted it.  A nice round of golf is a wonderful experience so I don't mind spending money on a memory that will last a lifetime.  $500 would be the max I would spend at this point in my life.
"Pure Michigan"

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
The best things in life are finding the unknown bargains. Anyone can spend £500 on a first growth wine but not many can find a £20 star.

Get a lovely day at Hankley Common, Machrihanish (unlikely!) or the likes of Brancaster and you'll have a very memorable experience for around £80.
Cave Nil Vino

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
I just wonder how many people would pay a lot of money to play a course if they have seen it a number of times?  I guess ANGC is the immediate exception but to me, I haven't played Pebble Beach and having seen it so many times on TV I really don't see any need to pay some silly amount to play it.  I don't view US Open venues as ones I have seen very often but courses such as TPC Scottsdale don't interest me at $275.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
    I'd probably pay whatever it takes to play a truly great (top 20) course that I haven't played - Augusta, Cypress, Sand Hills.  I'm assuming the laws of capitalism will be at work, and the number will be what the market bears.  But I'd only pay it once.  I've played Pebble; I wouldn't pay top dollar to play it again. Same with Oakmont and Pinehurst.  But if I hadn't played them, I'd pay the number.

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »
There are a couple courses I'd pay a few thousand to play:

Hirono in Japan........provided I could go with someone who spoke Japanese

Mike DeVries course under construction off Tasmania

Wouldn't mind paying the same to see Tom Doak's course in France when it's done because I'd like to take my daughter along to see France
Tim Weiman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back