News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Russell Lo

SF/Monterey in early March
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Although not the ideal time of year to visit can anyone shed some light on the weather at that time of year. May have a couple of rounds lined up in the city and hoping to play down on the Peninsula.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne_Freedman

Re: SF/Monterey in early March
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
Could be anything. We have a mild climate compared with most of the country, though that is the middle of our rainy season.
At worst, it will  raining and muddy, with breaks in the weather.  
We play year-round.

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »
Russell -

I have lived in San Francisco for 41 years. Almost all of our rain falls between November 1 and March 31. We have had very little rain since the first of this year and are approaching drought conditions. At the moment the courses here are firm. There are a lot of people here hoping we get some rain (and even a lot rain) soon.

You are welcome to message me if you have any questions or if I can be of help.

DT

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »
Go to www.wunderground.com/history

And you can get all the historical weather information you want

Wayne_Freedman

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:53:17 AM »
Same from me, Russell, though I work long weeks.
But when you hit the area, give one  of us a ring.
I'm fairly tuned in to local conditions.

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »
Russell:

I visited at that time a few years ago.  The weather was warm one day and cold after that.   We altered where we were playing two days because it was pouring at the course where we had a tee time but fine somewhere else.  

Bring layers!  The combination of wind, damp air and cold temperatures made the cold days feel much colder than the temperature.

JLahrman

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »
Russell:

I visited at that time a few years ago.  The weather was warm one day and cold after that.   We altered where we were playing two days because it was pouring at the course where we had a tee time but fine somewhere else.  

Bring layers!  The combination of wind, damp air and cold temperatures made the cold days feel much colder than the temperature.

That is true, but by comparison to most of the rest America (ie where they have real winters), SF-area temperatures in March are going to feel great. The big question mark is how much rain will have fallen. Where does Russell live?

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
I think you are seeing that its unpredictable.  Florida, Arizona and Southern California are about the only places that will be predictable at that time of year.

At the rate we are going it's going to be dry.  We had 1 inch of rain in November and so far 0 in December with no rain predicted for the next 7 days.  

Russell Lo

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
Thank you all for the advice. I will coming in from Hawaii so packing and dressing appropriately always takes some thought. Remember, 60 degrees is pretty cool for us. Regardless of the weather, looking forward to the golf.

John Cowden

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 10:39:12 PM »
Halfway--30-45"--between SJO and Pebble is where Alister Mackenzie lived and where he enjoyed the inaugural round at his home course, watching Bobby Jones, Marion Hollins, Cyril Tolley, and Glenna  knock their way around in 1929.   This on the heels of CPC and the eve of Augusta National.   Pay Pasatiempo, 36 if you can.  And bring your short game.  

John Cowden

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 10:40:52 PM »
Freudian slipped here---play as many as you can, and pay what you must.

Cheers.

Rob Curtiss

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »
I agree , play 36 at Pasatiempo...great track..

Not everyday you get to play a Mackenzie course and walk at least 18 ...you you can really enjoy it

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back