News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

2 more courses at Bandon???
« on: November 20, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »
Matt Ginella just tweeted that Keiser got approval for a land swap that makes room for another 36 holes at Bandon Dunes.

And, more importantly, my thread beat Howard Riefs on the scoop :D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tim Leahy

Re: 2 more courses at Bandon???
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »
Is Bandon becoming the Mission Hills of the west?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jim Colton

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
This is for Bandon Muni, I'm presuming

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »
And now that Sand Valley is a go (three hour drive my house), I don't even have to start saving money for another trip to Oregon.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:37 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:43:14 PM by Pete_Pittock »

JC Jones

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
it makes sense if it was for the muni, hence the question marks in my thread title.  I was surprised to see it was for 36 holes as I didn't think the muni was going to be any more than 18-27.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
JC,
Do you think that with the addition of 36 holes at Bandon, there is a potential for over saturation?  ;D

JC Jones

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »
JC,
Do you think that with the addition of 36 holes at Bandon, there is a potential for over saturation?  ;D

Depends on the architect... ;D

Howard Riefs

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »
Yes, it's the project formerly known as "Bandon Muni."  It will now be known as "Bandon Links," according to Ginella.  His tweets:

*  Breaking: Unanimous approval for land swap. Mike Keiser gets what he needs to add 36 holes @BandonDunesGolf. #BandonLinks

*  Keiser still needs to get #BandonLinks' plans approved, but first 18 will go to Gil Hanse. Architect for 2nd 18 TBD.

*  I'm told some of the names being considered for 2nd 18 at #BandonLinks: Kyle Phillips, Mike DeVries, Jim Urbina, David McLay Kidd.

*  Yes. Changed name to #BandonLinks because it's not a municipal. RT @TimGavrich: Is that for hoped-for, so-called "Bandon Muni" project?

https://twitter.com/mattginellagc
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jud_T

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 08:02:43 PM »
I'll take DeVries and Urbina vs. Phillips and Kidd straight up.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Steve Kline

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 06:02:15 AM »
I would like to see Nuzzo get one of them. Why go back to Kidd? He did the first. It's the fourth best of the four (I understand that may not be solely his doing). And, while I haven't played any of his other courses and the pictures look good, there seems to be some so/so reactions to them.

Lou Cutolo

William_G

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »
the property is very good, I have walked it, so whoever designs it will just need to work like Bill Coore and leave as much alone as possible

I think Gil Hanse already has routed the holes included in the property acquired through the exchange

sounds like it was 27 holes before the exchange and may now be 36 with the additional property

so much links golf, so little time   ;D
It's all about the golf!

Lou Cutolo

William_G

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »
Lou, Shane Wright started a thread "Pacific Gales" the other day  ;)
It's all about the golf!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
Gray,    Where on the property is the new routing? Is the terrain as rolling as Trails?Does Any of the property have waterfront/views?

Jim Adkisson

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »
the property is very good, I have walked it,

William, where is the property for the new courses located in relation to "downtown" Bandon and the Crossings?

And does anyone know the ownership status of the intriguing dunes land between Old Mac 16th and the sheep ranch?

William_G

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »

Over view pic with only red outlining the properties in question.

The town of Bandon and Coquille Point is seen in the near distance.

The property now approved for the golf is the triangular piece in red to the SW.

All the property in yellow is what is owned by Mr. Keiser already.

The south west corner of yellow was given to the state as part of the exchange.

The smattering of adjacent properties owned via Bandon Biota by Mr. Keiser run North and East and is across the highway from Bandon Crossings which is east across the highway. There are cranberry bogs and forest, dairy land, etc..

There will be ocean views but no ocean front.

The state park property that was approved for exchanged is untouched mostly and is rolling dunes with trees, gorse, shrubs, etc.

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:29:06 AM by William_G »
It's all about the golf!

William_G

It's all about the golf!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back