News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Wiggett

Re: Crowd Etiquette v players being too precious
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
Garland,

I don't know if you would get your money back and to be honest I don't care much either. You start bringing things into the conversation that have nothing to do with what I said and try to pin them on me which is well......

I have never been to a PGA Tour event so do not know how they treat spectators but have been to many events on the European Tour and have always been happy with how I was treated so maybe you need to broaden your experience beyond that which you have.

Jon

Garland Bayley

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »
... You start bringing things into the conversation that have nothing to do with what I said and try to pin them on me which is well......

I have no idea what you mean by that.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2013, 04:39:15 AM »
GJ,

I never mentioned refunds or how the PGA Tour treat spectators. You throw this unrelated topic into the discussion in an attempt to shore up a failing position.

GJ, why are you behaving like Mr. Mucci? Shame on you ;).

Jon
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:58:58 AM by Jon Wiggett »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
"I never mentioned refunds or how the PGA Tour treat spectators. You throw this unrelated topic into the discussion in an attempt to shore up a failing position. "

Jon,

Sorry, it was such a exclusive conversation between us, that I mistakenly took Mr. Cronan's comments for yours.

AND, I have not once called you a moron! Stop throwing insults yourself. ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2013, 01:11:44 PM »
Understood Garland. It was just when you addressed your post to Jon I mistakenly thought you meant me because it is my name when actually you meant D Cronan. Still all clear now.

Jon

Garland Bayley

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
...heckling or talking while they address the ball is considered by the vast majority of those that play the game as being rude and disrespectful of the spirit of the game....

And slow play is considered by the vast majority of those that play the game as being rude and disrespectful of others playing the game.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
...heckling or talking while they address the ball is considered by the vast majority of those that play the game as being rude and disrespectful of the spirit of the game....

And slow play is considered by the vast majority of those that play the game as being rude and disrespectful of others playing the game.

Won't get an argument out of me on this one. Although I didn't know that you have elevated your game such that you are actually PLAYING in these professional events, which gives you greater standing by which to throw your hissy fits.
\

Usually the boss pays people and has standing to criticize the people he is paying. The spectators are the payers, the players the payees. The analogy would suggest the spectators are the boss. Seems to me that the spectators have standing to tells the players to hurry up and hit the ball. Right now it is upside down with our precious little golf pros being able to ask the organizers (also being paid by the spectators) to remove spectators, and getting it done. Also seems to me that it is the precious little golf pros that are throwing what you term as hissy fits.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back