News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert West

Hay Harbor Club #6
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »
After spending an incredibly beautiful weekend with the best hosts imaginable on FINY, I have to mention a hole that no one seems to bring up on these forums.
The Island's other course, The Hay Harbor Club, does get worthy praise on this site but usually the details go little beyond describing #2, an ocean-front tough uphill par 4. As exquisite as the hole is, the adjacent downhill hole to it's left is just as stunning.  After climbing up to a skyline green on #5 (the best kind since there's little in the way of distance markers on the whole course) you are brought to the 6th tee. It's a medium length par 3 looking down over the most of the course. It's a long way down and the green is just begging you to drop your ball in like a lawn dart, but not so fast. The ocean is crashing to your left and the wind is really going to have fun with your shot. It wasn't a terribly windy day but my ball seemed to just be tossed around in the sky. I really could have spent the rest of my day standing on that ledge and just firing away. I think the goal was to aim short and low and let it roll on but the landing zone seemed smaller than the green. Awesome, awesome hole.
 ;) I'm not crazy right?

Brian Chapin

Re: Hay Harbor Club #6
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »
Robert, I played hickories recently at Hay Harbor and like you really enjoyed the 6th hole.  Those fronting bunkers make the shot really cool and make the depth perception / gauging distance difficult.  Its a very cool drop shot.

I found the 8th hole to be very cool too.

Robert West

Re: Hay Harbor Club #6
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
The whole course is really something. Ocean front views, totally windswept and without trees. Links with fast and firm rolling fairways. Skyline greens without much in the way of yardages. It's amazing to think that it's the "other" course on that Island.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back