GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Meadow Brook Club

(1/5) > >>

Frank Pasquale:
Just played a practice round today, to prepare for the upcoming MGA "IKE" Championship.  I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have played the course.  Any comments, advice, etc, is appreciated.

-Frank

rgkeller:
Bring a high draw with your driver to the tournament.

Greg Stebbins:
Frank,

I played my practice round at Meadow Brook last week.  Lag putting will be very important.. those greens are huge!

TEPaul:
I'm from Long Island and I go so far back I remember Meadowbrook before it was a golf club or course. The whole place belonged to the Whitons, my mother's best friends--the clubhouse was the Whiton's house. I remember when they were building the golf course. My Dad was there for years. I think Meadowbrook is one of Dick Wilson's very best designs--the course is transition architecture of the finest and most interesting of that that transition era. Wilson did architecture there that really flowed with the land and he left his own unique architectural wrinkle as well. Some of those greens (not all) are the biggest I've ever known. That alone makes for some thinking vis-a-vis playability. It's a neat golf course! Very much it's own kind!

Patrick_Mucci:
Frank,

I think MeadowBrook is an exceptional golf course, especially when you consider that some of the original holes were sold off or abandoned, yet the course remains very strong.

Practicing lag putting is good advice.

It's a big golf course that could probably host an Open.

Have a good time, I hope the weather improves for everyone's sake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version