News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Re: OT: If the top 10 courses in the U.S......
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 09:10:23 PM »
I was just out at the course having a few drinks with a couple of very unimpressive buddies and they have played everywhere!!!  This led me to the conclusion...If you can't play where you wish, it's not the fault of the club, it's you.

You're right John, it's all in who you know.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

mike_beene

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 12:36:51 AM »
The tax code limits the options for many US clubs. Access is generally not advertised but clubs  and members are for the most part very generous in sharing their golf. It does help to be a member of a club and to get to know your fellow members. Sux degrees of separation says you know members of every club in America. I have never felt it appropriate to ask but almost every person I have hosted or played with has offered their course .

Josh Stevens

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »
maybe in addition to being public, also specify that the courses have never hosted a major and so you remove the fame component.  There for they are just golf courses played to appreciate architectural merit.  Perhaps that would cut the prices in half.

Maybe Barnbougle at about $70 is the benchmark at what is a fair price for decent golf

Andrew Buck

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 09:22:55 PM »
maybe in addition to being public, also specify that the courses have never hosted a major and so you remove the fame component.  There for they are just golf courses played to appreciate architectural merit.  Perhaps that would cut the prices in half.

Maybe Barnbougle at about $70 is the benchmark at what is a fair price for decent golf

Well, Bandon is getting $310 non-resort and $265 from resort guests before caddies without any major championship history.  I was a little surprised that 3 nights and 6 rounds at bandon was almost double renting a house in the village with 6 rounds on #2, mid pines (2), pine needles, Dormie and Tobacco Road. 

John McCarthy

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
Augusta would be 4 figures, call it 1200.  If Sand Hills were 100-150 like some suggest I would drive out this weekend.  CP at 500 is cheap compaired to 275 for Whistling Straights.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back