News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Ernie Els, Signature GCA?
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
I just saw a Golf Channel interview with Ernie talking about his team's GC design effort at Albany Bahamas tour off season event this week.  He says his group has done 13 courses around the world to date.  Has anyone played or examined any of Els team designs?

In regards to this weeks Albany course, Els gave credit to his architect partner who he lured from Nicklaus designs, Greg Litch (sp?)   Additionally, he stated they drew inspiration from some of the great courses of the world Ernie has played.  He specifically mentioned Royal Melbourne.  From first impression, while apparently not turf mature yet, I'm getting the vibe of Greg Norman courses I have watched only on TV.  Throw away the marketing quip alluding to RM, and just looking at another new and modern venue, the course appears like a nice resort course in a sunny destination.  Not a bad thing.

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Matt Frey, PGA

Re: Ernie Els, Signature GCA?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:02:31 PM »
There is an Els co-design in Ijamsville, Maryland, named Whiskey Creek, that we passed on the way to play Worthington Manor, which is just down the road. My guess is that it's better than WM.  ;)

I'll have to drive down again to check it out!

jeffwarne

Re: Ernie Els, Signature GCA? New
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:42:07 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Adam Lawrence

Re: Ernie Els, Signature GCA?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:26:17 AM »
Greg Letsche. Very good guy. I like the Els Club in Dubai, and their two new courses in Malaysia look spectacular in photos
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back