News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jvisser

Re: Kennemer (Colt) in The Netherlands on TV this week-Euro PGA Venue
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 06:20:27 AM »
Hi,

As I was at the tournament as a referee, I have some info on the total rainfall in the week
of the tournament. In total there was more than 100mm rain.

Other info I have is that they do get a nice sum for hosting the tournament and the money
they collected for the last stint of 4 tournaments a couple of years ago was spent on the
new storage space for trolleys, clubs etc under the parking near the clubhouse and the
changes around the green of B9 that is now like a small amphitheater, which I like a lot.

Personally, I feel that the new holes offer a better challenge length wise, but indeed
are a bit quirky at some points and the routing is suboptimal.
The original lay-out has a lot of nice holes, but overall lacks some length to challenge
the top echelon players of today and also has some holes which appear quite similar
and a couple of boring holes as well.
- B4 and B5 are quite short and B6 has never appealed to me.
- C11 and C12 also lack interest especially off the tee.

Cheers,

Jan

John Mayhugh

Re: Kennemer (Colt) in The Netherlands on TV this week-Euro PGA Venue
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Calling everyone that joined us there. What do you think of the set up if your watching?

I set the DVR for one round so I could take a look at the course with proper golfers playing it.  There's a good lesson in this, as the tv presentation looked little like the course that I played.  Part of the issue was with camera angles, but without knowing already there was no sign of how uphill a hole like the 16th really is.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back