News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Colin Macqueen

Re: Doak to design course in Maori
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2012, 06:45:28 PM »
Te Uri o Hau has sold 230 hectares of their 616 hectare forest at Te Arai beach, near Mangawhai, to American financier and golf enthusiast Ric Kayne.

Marty, Te Arai beach is the place methinks,
Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Jud_T

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
In bed down under once again with the demon alternative investment community?  ;)  Not sure how excited I am about the target low handicap audience concept, but maybe that's just because I couldn't break 80 if my life depended on it.  At least now the Sebonack members will know where to plan their winter golf...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tom_Doak

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2012, 09:06:57 PM »
In bed down under once again with the demon alternative investment community?  ;)  Not sure how excited I am about the target low handicap audience concept, but maybe that's just because I couldn't break 80 if my life depended on it.  At least now the Sebonack members will know where to plan their winter golf...

Jud:

I don't think we're talking about a golf course as hard as Sebonack ... certainly not anywhere near as long ... we might only get to 6700 or 6800 yards at Te Arai, and Ric hasn't said anything about making it very difficult.

Actually, though, Ric Kayne is a member at Sebonack, among other places.

Dane Hawker

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
For the turfies out there, 6 job positions have been posted for this new course. If you are interested they are on the New Zealand Superintendents website.

www.nzgcsa.org.nz

Tom_Doak

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
If anyone happens to be in the neighborhood, I am in the Air NZ lounge at LAX this evening, on my way down.  Will be on site November 2-6 seeing if we can make some shaping progress.

Dane Hawker

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
The Auckland and Northland Superintendents Associations held a field day today to walk around the course today.
It was looking fantastic with 5 holes grassed. Can not wait to see the final product!

George Freeman

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »
There have to be pictures of this place somewhere, right??
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Dane Hawker

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »
We were asked not to put any pictures online

Ash Towe

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 04:52:25 AM »
Dane,

How far away would you estimate the finished product is?

Dane Hawker

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »
There's no talk of any dates or a deadline.The holes that have been seeded are in very good shape. I believe they are to start seeding more next week.

Ash Towe

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
Thanks Dane.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back