News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Dear Researchers and Historians:

According to an article in a historical Campbeltown Courier, the May 2, 1896 issue of "The Golfer" has an extensive article on the Dunaverty Golf Club, Southend, Kintyre, Scotland. It apparently is an in-depth piece about the course, including drawings. My understanding is that there are no digital scans of the magazine anywhere. I'm looking to get a copy made of the Dunaverty story.

If you have any idea on how I might accomplish this goal, please email me directly at ANTHONYPIOPPI@Gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Anthony

Joe Bausch

One library has it Tony.  Check your e-mail.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Frank Pont

Dunaverty is a super fun golf course with a number of great golf holes and a number of so so golf holes.
You could probably turn it into one of the best 18 holes par 3 courses in the world.

Niall C

Anthony

Don't know which library Joe is referring to but suggest the British Library might be your best bet.

Niall

Joe Bausch

Anthony

Don't know which library Joe is referring to but suggest the British Library might be your best bet.

Niall

Ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner!

Niall, see Rusty on the way out as he has some papers for you to sign.

;D
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Frank:

It's a wonderful course and I agree there are some mediocre hole but I would not want to turn it into a par-3 course. I, but more importantly the members, like it the way it is.

By the way, if you are ever back in this area, you need to visit Carradale Golf Club. A brilliant 9-hole golf course. Two of the best par-4s I've ever seen. Par-33 about 2,370 from the white (back) tees. 6 par-4s, 3par-3s.

Anthony

Frank Pont

Frank:

It's a wonderful course and I agree there are some mediocre hole but I would not want to turn it into a par-3 course. I, but more importantly the members, like it the way it is.

By the way, if you are ever back in this area, you need to visit Carradale Golf Club. A brilliant 9-hole golf course. Two of the best par-4s I've ever seen. Par-33 about 2,370 from the white (back) tees. 6 par-4s, 3par-3s.

Anthony
Neither would I want to change Dunaverty, it was just an observation. The course could still be improved even in its current setup.

Will definitely play Carradale next time I visit, which I hope is soon since I am a full paying member of Machrihanish....

Also want to see Mach Dunes again, since it was severe horizontal rain when I last saw it.

DMoriarty

Pretty sure they have it at the la84 Foundation library, although it is not digitized.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back