News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Only on this site would someone suggest contacting a private club from afar to arrange 90 holes of golf for two dozen players.  And only on this site would someone have the audacity to do it (not you Michael).

As a gracious gesture I suggest the Southerners offer to drive a little farther to Indianapolis.  Stay in the former officers quarters at The Fort to enhance fellowship.  Teams dinner at St. Elmo.  Add Liddy's Trophy Club and Dye's Brickyard to the rota.

You're welcome.

Bogey

Dare to dream!

Someone goes through this exercise every year in organizing the Buda Cup, calling one or two private clubs with a similar request.  Given the parlous state of private golf clubs today, the might be more receptive than you think.

John Nixon

Only on this site would someone suggest contacting a private club from afar to arrange 90 holes of golf for two dozen players.  And only on this site would someone have the audacity to do it (not you Michael).

As a gracious gesture I suggest the Southerners offer to drive a little farther to Indianapolis.  Stay in the former officers quarters at The Fort to enhance fellowship.  Teams dinner at St. Elmo.  Add Liddy's Trophy Club and Dye's Brickyard to the rota.

You're welcome.

Bogey

With all due respect, after The Fort and Trophy Club the group might want a different lineage to play than Dye/Liddy. How about Purgatory? I believe it's a little less expensive than Brickyard as well, for those who consider such things. Just my $.02 worth.

Garland Bayley

For a moment there, I thought parlous was perilous with a southern drawl.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jason Thurman

Bill, I think there are probably quite a few nice clubs that might be receptive. But really, Camargo? Idle Hour? Hell, if you're gonna call them, you might as well call Pine Valley. It's pretty close to equidistant too.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Bill_McBride

Bill, I think there are probably quite a few nice clubs that might be receptive. But really, Camargo? Idle Hour? Hell, if you're gonna call them, you might as well call Pine Valley. It's pretty close to equidistant too.

You'll notice I was generic rather than specific.  Choose your targets wisely.

JLahrman

Sorry, did someone mention a huge group outing at Pine Valley? Count me in.

With all due respect, after The Fort and Trophy Club the group might want a different lineage to play than Dye/Liddy. How about Purgatory? I believe it's a little less expensive than Brickyard as well, for those who consider such things. Just my $.02 worth.

While this is not necessarily an Indianapolis thread, if you do go to Indianapolis I would second the Purgatory idea. I expected a gimmicky layout to go with the name and décor, but the course is pretty solid.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:51:58 PM by JLahrman »

Carl Nichols

The Homestead or the Greenbriar.

MM

Both pretty far from Detroit, I think. 

Jeff Shelman

I think the Indy idea is pretty solid. Lots of good public courses there. I like it more than Lexington or Louisville.

Trophy Club, Purgatory, Fort are all solid. Brickyard is overpriced.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back