News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean Remington (SBR)

Steve Kline

Re: Randy Wilson - "Our Balls Aern't Fun Anymore"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:43 AM »
Hilarious!

He missed a good joke though when talking about modernizing wives to look like swimsuit models and not referring to what would happen to men's balls.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »
Yeah, but who wouldn't want to work in a radical feminist coffee shop?
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »
RockBottom maintenance facility sure has some nice lounge chairs.  It looks like the ultimate "man cave".

But, I googled Randy Wilson and can't find a decent bio of him.  Can anyone give more details of where he works and has he been in turf academia or which golf courses he has been associated.  Has he been an exec officer or director with GCSAA?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:04:27 AM »
Sean R,

This is a splendid link - very amusing indeed. Many thanks for sharing it.

All the best

Sean Remington (SBR)

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
  Randy Wilson can be found on TurfNet.com.   He has a Blog page and does videos for the TurfNetTV section of the website.  I'm sure you can get ahold of Randy via the contacts page of the website if you are interested.  I took a quick look but did not see a bio page.  Here is a link to his Blog:

http://www.turfnet.com/blog/3-randy-wilson-here-at-the-rock/

ENJOY!  :)

Sean Remington (SBR)

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
RockBottom maintenance facility sure has some nice lounge chairs.  It looks like the ultimate "man cave".

But, I googled Randy Wilson and can't find a decent bio of him.  Can anyone give more details of where he works and has he been in turf academia or which golf courses he has been associated.  Has he been an exec officer or director with GCSAA?

The Red Barn is not at RockBottom.  Randy says it's down the street and they use it for filming sometimes.  Looks like a great hangout!

I don't think Randy has ever been a high ranker in the USGA, GCSAA, PGA, CMAA or any of the "ALPHABETS" as he calls them.  I know that GCSAA doesn't not always appreciate the manor in which he depicts some aspects of golf course maintenance.  Short story: they don't share his sense of humor.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
If this guy is a super I will change the stock comment of "Don't quit your day job." to "Please do."  

Garland Bayley

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
Next up (I hope), "Our Shafts Aren't Fun Anymore". Those unemployed NASA engineers keep make shafts lighter and longer so that with the most modern equipment us old guys can hardly see the ball at the end of it let alone hit it.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back