News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

J_ Crisham

Pittsburgh Field Club or Longue Vue?
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:50:51 PM »
We are headed back to Oakmont in early September and are looking to add another round. We played at Fox Chapel 3 weeks ago in addition to Oakmont. Trying to find a different track to play while in Pittsburgh. Laurel Valley is out as they have an event the day we have available. Any advice on The Field Club or Longue Vue ? Prefer not to drive too far- less than 1 hr.
                                                              Thanks,  Jack

Rory Connaughton

Re: Pittsburgh Field Club or Longue Vue?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »
Longue Vue is a fun course Jack and there are two competing flocks of turkeys that make things very interesting.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »
Longue Vue is a fun course Jack and there are two competing flocks of turkeys that make things very interesting.
Rory,   Thanks- if Lancaster were closer to Pittsburgh I'd be groveling for another crack at it!
                                                 Wish you well, Jack

Mark Steffey

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
Too bad google maps tells me Johnstown's 64mile trip from OCC takes 1:21 or I send you to Sunnehanna!

George Pazin

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
Haven't played either, so others will have more informed opinions, but having walked Field Club a bit and seen Longue Vue a bit, I'd guess FC is more of a test, LV is more of a quirky entertainer. I'd also guess you'll enjoy either quite a bit.

Google's pretty close on that travel time to Sunnehanna. I've made that drive many times, it's always within 5 minutes of that.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Phil McDade

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
Jack:

A pretty interesting thread on the Field Club: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,39182.0.html

Consensus seems to be it's 2nd or 3rd best in Pittsburgh, which -- given Oakmont and Fox Chapel -- is probably saying something. Ride the elevator to the 18th tee!

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 06:49:57 PM »
Field Club for the golf.... Longue Vue for the club house.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 11:22:06 PM »

da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na

do they play the banjo, those turkeys?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back