News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

I've never played Muirfield which may explain why it is the most boring course to watch on TV of all the courses that host a major that I have ever witnessed.  The TPC bunker on 18 and the hay jog my memories, but nothing else.  What's up with that?

Of course if Tiger mucks it up again like last time it just may become a crowd favorite.

John Kavanaugh

Since the tall hay is Muirfields most interesting feature I just have to ask why Tiger would be allowed to hit a provisional after his ball is already located.  There is not a possible scenario where it could be played.  Love the hay.

Torrey may be the widest championship course I have ever played.  Boring.

Paul_Turner

John

Even more boring than Lytham last year? 
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

BHoover

I just don't agree that Muirfield is boring to watch.

John Kavanaugh

Please, what do you enjoy? What hole or specific feature should I look for with baited breath?  Besides the hay, that is.

John Kavanaugh

John

Even more boring than Lytham last year? 

You have a point because I can't remember anything about The Open since Watson blew it on the 18th.

Mark Chaplin

I'm not convinced the R&A choose their venues based on how nice it looks to watch on the telly.
Cave Nil Vino

BHoover

Please, what do you enjoy? What hole or specific feature should I look for with baited breath?  Besides the hay, that is.

I think the bunkering is interesting.  But besides any particular feature, I simply enjoy watching the tournament.

John Kavanaugh

I think the bunkering is interesting.  But besides any particular feature, I simply enjoy watching the tournament.

I get that and after the Masters, The Open is my favorite tournament to watch also.  It is one of my favorite work weeks of the year.  I just have never seen Muirfield's interest factor jive with its status.

Sam Morrow

While the photo tours of Muirfield may not be the most awe inspiring the thing I love about watching it is the way the ball interacts with the turf to determine the outcome of each shot.

Mac Plumart

John...

I have a feeling you'd love playing at Muirfield.  Its features are not big and dramatic, but they make for seriously interesting golf shots that need to be well thought out and executed.  From what I've seen, that is your kind of golf.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

John Kavanaugh

John...

I have a feeling you'd love playing at Muirfield.  Its features are not big and dramatic, but they make for seriously interesting golf shots that need to be well thought out and executed.  From what I've seen, that is your kind of golf.

No doubt.  I love watching the ball bounce and roll and especially feed into bunkers.  I suppose it is kind of cool that it doesn't matter which hole is being broadcast.  If every shot is great than it doesn't matter that they are all the same.

Jud_T

Fine links turf is the best hazard in golf and infinitely more interesting to watch or play than anything Torrey Pines has to offer.  It's not connect-the-dots golf.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:32:49 AM by Jud T »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Brian Finn

Sight unseen, I'd play 10 out of 10 rounds at Muirfield over Torrey...

I have played Torrey many times, and actually like it.  That said, I am totally on the same page as Jud here.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Tim Leahy

When they let the Kukuyu grow for the Open or city championship Torrey is not that wide and the course has a lot of subtleties if you play it afew times much like Muirfield.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Philippe Binette

Muirfield is a golf course for golf.... not for cameras, same as Lytham

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back