News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Flackwell Heath G.C.
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:10:22 PM »

Has anyone played it?

Bob

Richard Muldoon

Re: Flackwell Heath G.C.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:58:26 PM »
Bob,
I have never played it but I haven't heard that it is any good from members at my club who have, though I'm not sure they necessary know a good one from a bad one.
A few years back I asked about Flackwell on here and I think it was Mark Rowlinson who said it wasn't up to much and I think Mark is probably a pretty good judge.

Richard

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:09:16 PM »
Richard,

I was evacuated from London to Flackwell Heath in late 1939 and missed the Blitz on the city. Later in 1940 I applied for a job as a caddie as a ten year old. the Captain declined my request saying I was to small and the course to hilly. I guess I never missed much in my golfing education.

Bob

Mark Pearce

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 04:14:42 AM »
If it's the course I think it is then I have never played it but have driven past 100s of times.  It sits right next to the M40 and a couple of holes are clearly visible from the motorway as you head towards Oxford.  It'll certainly be hilly and I don't expect it's anything to write home about.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Paul Dolton

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 01:03:05 PM »
Hi Bob

I played Flackwell many years ago in a club match. Don't really remember it standing out. The holes you can see from the M40 did look as if they would play very awkward in dry conditions.
I was in my teens then and loved anything to do with Ben Hogan and the pro there sold me a advertising poster of Hogan hitting his shot on the 18th of Merion. Its still on my wall after 20 odd years.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back