News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PCCraig

I'm planning on taking one-day road trip from Big Sky to Rock Creek Cattle Co. in a couple of weeks. I need to be back in Big Sky by about 4pm for a wedding, so I'm trying to plan out the drive times carefully. Google Maps says 2hr 41min, but I've found those to be higher than they really are. Having never been in the area, could someone who's been give me a better idea of the drive time? Thanks!
H.P.S.

Bill_McBride

Re: Big Sky to Rock Creek Cattle Co. - how long does the drive take?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »
Keep in mind the speed limit in Montana is warp speed.   ;D

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »

Right, another factor that I can't quite figure out!
H.P.S.

Jason Topp

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
I have made the drive to Big Sky to Anaconda and back in one day. 

From Big Sky to Bozeman, the road is good but is two lane.  Once you get out of Bozeman, it is pedal to the metal on the interstate.  At 170 miles, however, 2 hours seems your fastest possibility.  I would think you would be able to make it in 2-1/2 hours easily.  I would not plan a lot less than that. 

Bill Seitz

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »

Not anymore, unfortunately.  But if you get busted for going about 10 MPH over the speed limit (which is likely 75 where Pat will be), it's a $20 fine, payable directly to the cop, and doesn't go on your record.  Sounds like a bribe, but it's legit.  Or at least it was when I got pulled over between Glendive and Sidney about six years ago. 

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »

Not anymore, unfortunately.  But if you get busted for going about 10 MPH over the speed limit (which is likely 75 where Pat will be), it's a $20 fine, payable directly to the cop, and doesn't go on your record.  Sounds like a bribe, but it's legit.  Or at least it was when I got pulled over between Glendive and Sidney about six years ago. 

Nice...just like Chicago!!!! ;)  ;D
H.P.S.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »

Nice...just like Chicago!!!! ;)  ;D

In Chicago it's a $50 in the plastic holder behind the driver's license.

"Oh, for me?"

George Freeman

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »
Bump - Pat, I know you loved the course but would you care to share your thoughts here?

I'm spending a couple days at RC next week and I'm REALLY pumped. 
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back