News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Jackson Chen --Hole in one at Kingsley
« on: July 05, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
Just wanted to congratulate Jackson Chen on his hole in one yesterday on #9 at Kingsley. Great shot and I was honored to be the witness.

Buck
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Eric Smith

Re: Jackson Chen --Hole in one at Kingsley
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congrats!

Tim Bert

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 12:51:55 PM »
Congratulations to Jackson!! Awesome.   Which tees and what pin location?

Jackson C

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »

East lobe from white tees.  I followed Buck's wedge to 5 feet with one of my own.
Mine just happened to roll into the cup.  We both spun it back off the downslope.
I needed the ace as Buck was reeling off 3 birdies including a kick in on #8.
"The secrets that golf reveals to the game's best are secrets those players must discover for themselves."
Christy O'Connor, Sr. (1998)

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:22:58 PM »
Jackson -

Congrats & well done! Was this your first?

DT

Buck Wolter

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

East lobe from white tees.  I followed Buck's wedge to 5 feet with one of my own.
Mine just happened to roll into the cup.  We both spun it back off the downslope.
I needed the ace as Buck was reeling off 3 birdies including a kick in on #8.

First time I've ever birdied 3 in a row and I don't have the tee on the 10th :o
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jackson C

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
Jackson -

Congrats & well done! Was this your first?

DT

This was my first David.  Was speaking to a friend whose husband carded two aces last week.
Wondered if I was ever going to get one.  :)
Special to get it on your home course on its iconic hole.
"The secrets that golf reveals to the game's best are secrets those players must discover for themselves."

Mac Plumart

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »
Weird.  I was just talking to someone at Prairie Dunes about how much I loved 9 at Kingsley and how I thought it was a great hole for a members course.  However, judging by his reaction to my comments, I'm not so sure he agreed.

Hmmm...who was that?

;)

Congrats!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Well did!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:07:09 PM by Terry Lavin »
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Jackson C

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Weird.  I was just talking to someone at Prairie Dunes about how much I loved 9 at Kingsley and how I thought it was a great hole for a members course.  However, judging by his reaction to my comments, I'm not so sure he agreed.

Hmmm...who was that?

;)

Congrats!!

You are good.  I am sure your memory is correct!
Thing about #9 is you can have a kick in 2 or a 5 or 6.
Many aces made on it as well.  Makes it an interesting hole.  :)

Jud_T

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
Congrats!  Not the easiest pin or tee on that hole.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Sam Morrow

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 07:55:54 PM »
I could tell yesterday even via text that Jackson was on cloud 9!

mike_beene

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »
Congrats!

JC Jones

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 07:40:06 AM »
Congrats! 
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
I look forward to seeing Jackson C engraved on the hole in one plaque at Kingsley. Congrats!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:20:19 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Buck Wolter

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
I look forward to seeing Jackson C engraved on the hole in one plaque at Kingsley. Congrats!

Have you made the trip to Kingsley yet John?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

Have you made the trip to Kingsley yet John?

Not yet. I hope to make it up for the Alphabet Open. I heard they where looking for a K.  Honestly, I doubt I will ever travel again to an unplayed course after the success of my last trip.  It would be like Columbus in a canoe.

Bill Seitz

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
Congrats, Jackson!  Geez, wish I'd known that just about everyone I know was going to be up there this weekend.

Cory Lewis

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 02:50:09 PM »
Congrats Jackson.  What a fantastic course to make a hole in one on!
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Howard Riefs

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 04:49:50 PM »
No reason I can't say it in person and again here: Congrats, Jackson!
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

JC Jones

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
Congrats, Jackson!  Geez, wish I'd known that just about everyone I know was going to be up there this weekend.

There did seem to be an inordinate number of people up there.  I was hoping to run into Jackson and others, instead I ran into Jud....   
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Bill Seitz

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »

There did seem to be an inordinate number of people up there.  I was hoping to run into Jackson and others, instead I ran into Jud....   

What's the rundown on GCAers at Kingsley this weekend? Jackson, JC, Jud, Howard, Buck, I believe Mr. Lewis is up there...  I picked the wrong weekend to stay in Chicago.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »

What's the rundown on GCAers at Kingsley this weekend? Jackson, JC, Jud, Howard, Buck, I believe Mr. Lewis is up there...  I picked the wrong weekend to stay in Chicago.

I wonder if any other club has more gca.com folks as members than Kingsley. I wish I was there, not that I mind work.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

JC Jones

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Congrats, Jackson!  Geez, wish I'd known that just about everyone I know was going to be up there this weekend.

There did seem to be an inordinate number of people up there.  I was hoping to run into Jackson and others, instead I ran into Jud....  

What's the rundown on GCAers at Kingsley this weekend? Jackson, JC, Jud, Howard, Buck, I believe Mr. Lewis is up there...  I picked the wrong weekend to stay in Chicago.

Mr Lewis was there.  He was the beneficiary of my take down of Jud and Mr Lucas.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:53:40 PM by JC Jones »

Joe Hancock

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 07:19:01 PM »

Mr Lewis was there.  He was the beneficiary of take down of Jud and Mr Lucas.

Just as I expected; Andrew carried you for 18 holes....
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back