News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Howard Riefs

Anyone want to buy a golf course on Long Island? Or the 150 acres of land to build your own?

RTJII-designed Long Island National is being sold in bankruptcy.

http://www.4-traders.com/GREAT-AMERICAN-GROUP-INC-5490399/news/Great-American-Group-Inc-GA-Keen-Realty-Advisors-Marketing-Long-Island-National-Golf-Club-in-Riv-15964270/

Anyone play it?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:09:27 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Paul OConnor

Re: Available for sale: 150 acres, 18 holes, east end of Long Island
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:43:02 PM »
GA Keen Realty Advisors, a division of Great American Group, Inc. (OTCBB:GAMR), is selling the Long Island National Golf Club in Riverhead, New York through a bankruptcy sale process.

Located at 1793 Northville Turnpike, in the heart of Long Island's east end wine country and minutes from the world-famous "Hamptons", the public golf club is best known for its links-style design created by renowned golf course architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. The 150 acre site is also suitable for residential development pursuant to its current zoning designation.

"While many golf courses have seen revenues decline over the past few years, Long Island National Golf Club has maintained its profitability," said GA Keen Realty Advisors Co-President Matthew Bordwin.

OK, so if it's "profitable," how is it that it's being sold through a "bancruptcy sale process." ?  Or is that just NYC bullshit lingo for an auction?  Or does "profitable" mean, "we can make a profit as long as we don't have to include ALL our costs."  Or maybe it's that Mr. Bordwin is willing to say just about anything to get some sucker to bail him out of this mess.

C. Squier

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
Probably owned by someone that has other failing interests.

Michael George

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »
Or the debt service was too high.

"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »
I wonder how Laurel Links, just down the road is doing ?

Jeff Evagues

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »
I keep hearing that Baiting Hollow is going public again.
Be the ball

Brian Colbert

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »
Trump National Hamptons?

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 12:59:35 AM »
Brian,

I think that's a distinct possibility

Mark McKeever

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »
Trump National Hamptons?

Could be a good first step out to the eastern end.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

SteveOgulukian

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
Anyone want to buy a golf course on Long Island? Or the 150 acres of land to build your own?

RTJII-designed Long Island National is being sold in bankruptcy.

http://www.4-traders.com/GREAT-AMERICAN-GROUP-INC-5490399/news/Great-American-Group-Inc-GA-Keen-Realty-Advisors-Marketing-Long-Island-National-Golf-Club-in-Riv-15964270/

Anyone play it?

I used to play here a lot and really like the course.  It's set on a very nice piece of land and has a really tough finishing trio of holes.  Haven't played it in a few years though.  The last time I was there the conditions left a lot to be desired.  Since then I believe the course went under new ownership (back the the original owners I believe) and they apparently did put some money into the place to help with the conditioning.  However, the greens fees were pretty steep considering there are plenty of other options nearby for half the price. That, plus the long trek out there from the city, has kept me away for the past few years.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
Make that "was available." 

The bankrupt Long Island National Golf Club just sold for $6 million.

http://www.newsday.com/business/riverhead-s-li-national-golf-club-to-be-sold-for-6m-1.5576304

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Mark McKeever

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 11:36:07 AM »
At least its staying a golf course for now.

MM
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Brian Finn

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »
I actually played LI National this past Sunday, and it was better than I recalled.  Conditions were pretty good and we had a lot of fun.  It was quite busy, which I suppose is not surprising considering the limited public offerings on LI.  Without knowing the details (beyond what has been published), I would be surprised if it was bulldozed.

On a related note, I also played North Shore CC this past week.  In addition to the really fun golf course (nice work done by Doak & crew on Raynor/Mac original), I will say the club's focus on service impressed me.  Zucker seems to know what he is doing there, so I expect he has a plan to deliver a similar model to the CCFaD market via LI National.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »
I always thought it was an OK course but way too expensive. Gotta pass too many golf courses on the way out of the city that cost less and are better. If I'm going that far out to play a public golf course I'm going all the way to the end to play Montauk.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back