News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Standefer

#1 at Chambers Bay
« on: June 26, 2013, 09:33:50 PM »
Before playing Chambers Bay over Memorial Day weekend, I was informed upon check-in that they had recently changed #1 from a par 4 to a par 5.  From the Sand tees, the yardage changed from 465 to 501.  To keep par at 72, they changed #13 to a par 4.  (They had changed the scorecards, but had yet to update the yardage books.)  The locals who I was playing with mentioned that this was a pace of play issue.  The reasoning being that the average Joe would be encouraged to layup on a 3-shot hole and thus keep things moving at the start of a round, clearing the landing zone for the next group teeing off.

My question is-- for those that have played it-- do you like the fact that #1 is now a scoreable par 5 as opposed to a long par 4 to start the round?  What do you think of #13 being changed to a par 4?

Having said that, I'm sure that #1 will play as a long par 4 for the 2015 US Open.

Richard Choi

Re: #1 at Chambers Bay
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:39:55 PM »
Jordan, check out the "can you break a 100" thread and it will have most of the answers for you.

This is not a pace of play related change as Chambers space apart tee times at 11 min apart and you didn't tee off before the group ahead of you got on the green anyway.

Jordan Standefer

Re: #1 at Chambers Bay
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »
Thanks, Richard.  Will do.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back