News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

Re: Tiger Did It Again
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
Thanks Pete!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Pat Burke

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
Pete,
thanks for commenting.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 03:16:18 PM »
   I read some of these posts and I shake my head.

I've officiated this great game for 37 years and I've made rulings for Tiger and many of the great players as well as the 7-12 year old Juniors---all levels . To say that TW cheats on the golf course is absolutly ludicrous. I KNOW when a player cheats, I can SMELL a cheat.I've caught cheats. I've had cheats banned. I've taken cheats off the course.

I could talk about this subject for hours but it's Open Sunday and it's Father's Day.

If anyone wants to start a thread on cheating, be my guest and I'll get into it with all comers.

If anyone thinks that TW is a cheat, you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Thanks for this post Pete, glad that someone who actually knows what they are talking about can comment.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 03:28:59 PM »
    I agree that using the word cheat was wrong.  I saw an odd situation.  There are a few explanations, the most likely of which (in my opinion) is assuming a plugged ball without properly checking. If there were  sprinkler head there (possible) of someone stepped on the ball (unlikely), nothing bad happened.  But at least the radio guy came to the same conclusion I did. 

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
     I don't know how to change a post.  I said using the word cheat was a mistake.  Everything else I've written is what I observed and heard.  If he took a drop as an embedded ball, then I believe he acted either dishonestly or in blatant ignorance of the rule.  Sorry if that offends someone.  I think that's your problem, not mine.

Brian Finn

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »
3 pages of nonsense...none having to do with golf course architecture. I suggest this thread be removed ASAP, for countless reasons. 
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 04:36:04 PM »
     I don't know how to change a post.  I said using the word cheat was a mistake.  Everything else I've written is what I observed and heard.  If he took a drop as an embedded ball, then I believe he acted either dishonestly or in blatant ignorance of the rule.  Sorry if that offends someone.  I think that's your problem, not mine.

And the title Jim?

What exactly did he do again? Can you give examples.

I don't think you're trying very hard to change the post if you can't see "Modify" right above it.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2013, 04:42:08 PM »
     I believed he may have taken a bad drop ... again - certainly for the second time (Masters), and maybe for the third (Players).  I also agree this thread should be deleted.  It's isn't that important and certainly has gotten out of control.

Jim_Coleman

Re: Did Tiger Take Another Bad Drop?
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »
   Thanks for the tip.  Modification accomplished.

Jim_Coleman

Re: Did Tiger Take Another Bad Drop?
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
    Looks like the radio guy and I were wrong.  I can tell you that Reed MacKenzie recalls making the ruling correctly.  This confirms the well known truism that eyewitness testimony is often the worst kind.  Sorry.

http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/Tiger%20and%20Reed%20Mackenzie%202013%20US%20Open.jpg?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=690460&part=2

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back