News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Which course should I shoot?
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:35:03 PM »
I'll be driving from them hamptons back to Buffalo on Thursday the 27th of June, after spending three days at the Women's Open at Sebonack. I'd like to shoot a course (with a camera, not my sticks) on the way home. Courses out of consideration are The Bridge, NGLA, Shinny and Sebonack. The Bethpage quintet is also out, as I shot it two years ago.

I'll drive I-80 west from NYC to I-81 north just past Stroudsburg, then up to I-90 west to Buffalo. My first choice has been shot down, despite the valiant effort of one of our own. I'll open it up to the rest of the contributors:  which course should I shoot along that route?

EDIT: This is not a plea for access. I arrange things on my own. My intent is to create a picto-thread of a course worth viewing and discussing herein.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:54:22 AM by Ronald Montesano_gadabout »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Dan Herrmann

Re: Which course should I shoot?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »
Paramount in Rockland County was just renovated by Jim Urbana.  It has some great scenery and sightlines.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »
Ronald:

According to two people I trust, your choice should be Glens Falls CC.  Have not seen it yet myself.  Sorry I don't have time to join you.

I will be at the Women's Open Monday and Tuesday myself.  Will walk a practice round on Monday afternoon with Paula Creamer and on Tuesday with Stacy Lewis, if you want to find me.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:48:45 AM »
What about Garden City GC? 

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 09:12:13 AM »
I will be at the Women's Open Monday and Tuesday myself.  Will walk a practice round on Monday afternoon with Paula Creamer and on Tuesday with Stacy Lewis, if you want to find me.

The Doakster, trolling. 

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »

Will walk a practice round on Monday afternoon with Paula Creamer and on Tuesday with Stacy Lewis.

Well played.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »
I'd love to see more of Sleepy Hollow.

Doug Wright

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 12:50:53 PM »
Leatherstocking/Cooperstown not too far out of your way...
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »

Jordan Wall says to give Paula his best.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ed Homsey

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »
Ron--given your route, you'll be going right by CC of Scranton, Mark Twain in Elmira, and possibly, Elmira CC, and, of course, there's the Tilly course at Binghampton CC.  Can't recall if you've been to Onondaga Golf and Country Club near Syracuse.  Ian Andrew has done some very interesting work there.  How about Bellevue GCC in Syracuse.  Some folks rave about it.  I think its a little quirky, but haven't been there in years. A 1914 Ross course. There's a kinda interesting old Seymore Dunn course at Tuscarora CC, southwest of Syracuse---not far off your route.

Have a great trip.

Ed
www.travissociety.com

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »
Outstanding suggestions...Fenway it is! (change of route.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Josh Tarble

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
I'd love to see more of Sleepy Hollow.

Josh, not sure if you've seen my photo tour or not, but... http://onegolferstravels.blogspot.ca/2012/10/sleepy-hollow-country-club-course-review.html?m=1

Mark,  Thanks!  I have seen your tour before, but there is something about Sleepy Hollow that I just love. I can't really see it enough.

Steve Lapper

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »
Ron,

I second the selection Paramount...it is perfect condition and very close to your route home (Glens Falls isn't...but maybe you can just get a few pix of Tom's drooling over Ms. Creamer and Ms. Lewis??...that would likely go a long way to satisfying most of his buttboys lurking here ;D )

As there are pictures of Sleepy Hollow and Garden City to be found already on this site and none of Paramount, thus I think many here would better benefit.

PS.....PM me if you decide to do this and want to play as well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:52:56 AM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Andy Hughes

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »
I'll be driving from them hamptons back to Buffalo on Thursday the 27th of June, after spending three days at the Women's Open at Sebonack. I'd like to shoot a course (with a camera, not my sticks) on the way home. Courses out of consideration are The Bridge, NGLA, Shinny and Sebonack. The Bethpage quintet is also out, as I shot it two years ago.

I'll drive I-80 west from NYC to I-81 north just past Stroudsburg, then up to I-90 west to Buffalo. My first choice has been shot down, despite the valiant effort of one of our own. I'll open it up to the rest of the contributors:  which course should I shoot along that route?

EDIT: This is not a plea for access. I arrange things on my own. My intent is to create a picto-thread of a course worth viewing and discussing herein.

Ron, have you considered Glenbrook in Stroudsburg?  It happens to be the course a young Andy Hughes grew up on, much like Bobby Jones and East Lake.
 ;)
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »
Andy,

Glenbrook's hallowed fairways don't even enter my dreams, they are that sacrosanct. They are inviolable and should be enshrined in a pantheon of consecrated golfing grounds. I would not consider desecrating them with my profane corporeity.

(Note to Ran and Ben: add the word 'corporeity' to your site dictionary.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Andy Hughes

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »
Andy,

Glenbrook's hallowed fairways don't even enter my dreams, they are that sacrosanct. They are inviolable and should be enshrined in a pantheon of consecrated golfing grounds. I would not consider desecrating them with my profane corporeity.

(Note to Ran and Ben: add the word 'corporeity' to your site dictionary.)

I only understood 3 or 4 words there, but I suspect you understand Glenbrook!
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back