News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

My wife and I played LuLu today. I am pleased to report that the rough is much more manageable ;D, the greens were somewhat slower than I remember them and pace of play was semi-good. We played the front nine in 1.5 hours but the back nine was a little less than 2.5 hours as we caught up some foursomes ahead of us. Still not bad for weekend public golf.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Craig_Rokke

Loved Lulu. It stacks up very favorably with Glen Mills, Lederach, and all the rest on the list. It just might be my favorite publicly accessible course near Phila right now.

Mike Hendren

Loved Lulu. It stacks up very favorably with Glen Mills, Lederach, and all the rest on the list. It just might be my favorite publicly accessible course near Phila right now.

As a blatant LuLu apologist, I must weigh in and opine that neither Glen Mills nor Lederach could carry her jockstrap.  I have played each course once and based my opinion on the following:  1) I could quickly draw a stick routing of LuLu but could only probably get 75% of Glen Mills and less than 50% of Lederach; 2) LuLu is seamless while Glen Mills and Lederach are disjointed;  3) Lulu's features are subtle while Glen Mills' are too rugged and Lederach's are often clumsily manufactured. 

For the better player, LuLu is clearly easier and perhaps not as challenging.

My $0.02.

Respectfully,

Mike
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:44:46 AM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Steve_ Shaffer

For $58 weekdays, it's the best public in my neck of the woods although I also played Jeffersonville last week for $35 senior rate. That's under $100 for 2 Ross courses!!

I paid $68 yesterday as a member of their eclub. Regular weekend rates at LuLu are $78.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Craig_Rokke

As a blatant LuLu apologist, I must weigh in and opine that neither Glen Mills nor Lederach could carry her jockstrap.  I have played each course once and based my opinion on the following:  1) I could quickly draw a stick routing of LuLu but could only probably get 75% of Glen Mills and less than 50% of Lederach; 2) LuLu is seamless while Glen Mills and Lederach are disjointed;  3) Lulu's features are subtle while Glen Mills' are too rugged and Lederach's are often clumsily manufactured. 

For the better player, LuLu is clearly easier and perhaps not as challenging.

Spot on comparison, Mike. LuLu is the best walk of the 3, too

My $0.02.

Respectfully,

Mike

Michael Blake

Played today. Almost joined after I finished up on 18.

Was a blast. As a single, I joined two 8TH GRADERS on the first tee--A Davis Love III built kid & a Craig Stadler built kid.  We were the only ones on the course who were walking.  DLIII kid bombed it past me all day. Stadler had a smooth swing & was short & straight.

3rd green was great.  Short 4 was fun.  Punchbowl 8th was cool, as was the down slope just short of it to land & run one on.  DLIII & The Walrus say the punchbowl is always flooded.  Liked the short dogleg 14th too.  If branches were pruned back I may have been tempted to hit driver instead of 3W.

Fun to play.  6400 from tips.  Could easily play there everyday.  Though the pool hasn't been filled in 3 years so its a tough membership sell for the wiife (& 3 kids under 9) even though its a great value.

Can't wait to get back.
p.s. I stink (mid capper) & shot 78. :)

Steve_ Shaffer

Michael,

How were the conditions- greens in particular?

Why join if  public play is still available?

Michael Blake

Steve,

I thought the greens were in excellent shape.  Ball rolled nicely-little slow but I like them that way. And I guess many there don't repair their ball mark because I repaired a bunch on what seemed like every green.

Bunkers could use a little TLC.

And I guess you're right, why join when public play there is an option?

Mark McKeever

What is the greens fee there these days?

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Steve_ Shaffer

Mark,

Here are the new rates for public play:

http://www.lulucc.com/member-fore-a-day/

Michael,

I remember playing LuLu in a one day member-guest when the greens were posted at 12.5 on the stimp. #5&6&7 were impossible that day.

Renovating the pool was a 500K mistake.

Michael Blake

Was $58 to play yesterday.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back