News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Brzezowski

Re: Help: Packing List for 7 days in Scotland in June
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »
I don't think anyone has yet suggested a knit ski/stocking hat. Having one to cover your ears on a cool, windy day can be a really helpful. I wore mine often last month.

Bought one at Dornoch 11 years ago, and used it for the round. Going back in July for a new one. Damn wind was chilly.
We have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
Great weather here at the moment with 21C today. Midges are also an east coast animal it is just that they don't block out the sun like on the west coast ;D To be fair on a links they should not be a problem as there is usually a breeze but I would recommend using 'Skin so Soft' from Avon which is what most of the game keepers use to keep most insects at bay.

Jon

RichMacafee

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2013, 12:16:11 AM »

One additional question --- any advice on a good digital camera?  Something "mid-range" ideally.

Nick,

I'd recommend a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot.  Fits easily in your golf bag, has a very good lens made by Leica and won't break the bank.

I'd second that. Just bought one myself and already taken it away. Good quality lens, good zoom, good video quality if required and easy to use.

Panasonic TZ30 Lumix
"The uglier a man's legs are, the better he plays golf. It's almost law" H.G.Wells.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back