News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Josh Smith

Is this the best redan in Bay Area?
« on: June 19, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »

170 yds.  Slight uphill, left 2/3rds of green fall away left.  Four bunkers along the left.  Two bunkers out of view behind green.  Thoughts?

John Handley

Re: Is this the best redan in Bay Area?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:28:06 AM »
Well if I didn't know any better, I'd say that is 15th Venturi tee back to the 14th green. ;D

I haven't paid too much attention to the shot but it would be a difficult for sure. Good luck holding the green.  See ya soon. - JH
2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC,

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »
It has been several years since I have played there, but I recall the 2nd hole on the Merlot 9 at Poppy Ridge having some Redan-ish characteristics.

astavrides

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »
It has been several years since I have played there, but I recall the 2nd hole on the Merlot 9 at Poppy Ridge having some Redan-ish characteristics.
I don't think so.  It's all aerial (from an elevated tee) and you can't run it on.

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:49:48 PM »
"I don't think so.  It's all aerial (from an elevated tee) and you can't run it on."

Alex -

I seem to recall the right portion of the green (maybe 1/4 or so of the green's surface) was relatively open and the area to the right of the green sloped to the left, on to the green. The dominant slope of the terrain on that hole is certainly right to left.

But, it has been a good 3-4 years since I have been out there and I may be mistaken.

DT

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back