News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Re: Native grasses come into their own at Pasatiempo
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 11:49:56 PM »

Kudos have to be given to their new superintendent who seems to be making a big name for himself and has really done an outstanding job.  He has his own web site with some terrific photos, especially of the 18th hole which is on the opening page.

http://pasatiempomaintenance.com/

The "new" superintendent (he started at Pasa in 2008) is no longer at Pasatiempo, the website lists Justin Mandon as the Superintendent who I believe came from the Olympic Club.

I played the course earlier this month, the tees, fairways and greens were all in great shape.  The greens were a tad on the slow side but this allowed for some different hole locations, ones that would not have been possible at a higher green speeds.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Matt Bosela

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:09 AM »
I am going to be out there in less than nine hours, going first off with the esteemed Mr Huckaby.  Really looking forward to seeing this gem and I will report back after our round.

Scott Warren

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »
Have a great time, Matt. Forecast is for 24C / 75F and sunny. Can't ask for better than that!

Mac Plumart

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »
I am going to be out there in less than nine hours, going first off with the esteemed Mr Huckaby.  Really looking forward to seeing this gem and I will report back after our round.

Don't forget about us, Matt.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Matt Bosela

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 01:00:45 AM »
Sorry Mac - just back from dinner with my family. It was an eventful day - Pasa in the AM with TH and the Peter Hay short course at Pebble Beach with my 4 year old in the afternoon.  It was his first time swinging a club so you can imagine my thoughts aren't really on Pasa right now!

I will likely need some time to digest all that's happened thus far on my trip before commenting in a lot of detail.  Pasa was in great shape - the greens were rolling exceptionally fast and as Tom would attest, the grounds crew did us no favours by placing over half the pins in locations that would make seasoned PGA pros blush.  I three putted five times at least!

They were doing a lot of watering throughout the day - the area has been dry for awhile as I understand but the conditions seemed great - it was softer than the two other courses I've seen on this trip but it was still plenty fast for me.

If you want specifics about any of the holes, ask away.  The greens are some of the most fascinating I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:04:57 AM by Matt Bosela »

Mac Plumart

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »
Photos?
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Matt Bosela

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »
Photos?

Oh yes, I have photos!

I will post them next week when I get back home and can upload them to the computer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back