News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall C

Re: The Macleod at Trump Aberdeen
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »
Simon

On a DG that's supposedly about frank and honest discussion of golf course design, and you have certain people acting like cheerleaders and shouting down even slightly contradictory opinions I think it's fair to ask the question.

For the record, I paid the local rate but had a caddy that I didn't want, who was paid for by someone else. I paid him a tip. Yes, it is a good course or at least will be when it matures.

Niall

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
Simon,

it would be great to think that free golf would not influence what a person decides to write about a course and I would generally give someone the benefit of the doubt in such things. However, it is strange how many of the voices being purely positive in regards to this project ignoring its many poor points turn out to have vested interests to one extent or another. It is even more telling that they feel unable to be up front about them which is a shame as it would make their opinion have more weight in the long run rather than it being diminished when it finally comes out.

Jon

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »
Can anyone that has played it, hand on heart tell me that Trump Scotland is not a good to great golf course?  Forget whether it could have been even better.  I think its very, very good indeed and Sean rates it as great in his own words.

I don't think many here can say they pay full freight all the time.  Most of us are lucky enough to be guests of members, certainly at high-end US or even many UK courses.  Then all the GCA get-togethers, when GCA stalwarts commendably get a better rate for the participants?  

If DG members start trying to call others out for how much they paid, which is quite blatant in this thread, will this be consistent across all course reviews?  

Should we ignore the discussion group's opinion of Silloth if the contributors didn't play full whack to play there?  Or don't we count that?

Do you guys expect people to declare what they paid at the start of the great photo threads we are treated to?  

I would like to think we have a little more class and/or respect than that.

Apologies, I should have put my hand up, as having an AB post code, I got a reduced rate !

Carl Johnson

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
Trump Water: Will the Aberdeen course feature Trump's private brand water?  That's what's available at Trump National Charlotte. https://twitter.com/andrew_dunn/status/370922862606958592

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back