News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Richards

Re:What is special about Turnberry?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2003, 07:39:57 PM »
Ben has the right idea, at least IMHO.

The first three holes just get you going.  The fourth through eighth are excellent, with the pair of numbers nine and ten being as good as any two par fours in a row - found anywhere!

From 11 on in, it's just one strong hole after another, with, possibly the exception of 17, which is a very reachable five par, and, with its spot in the order of holes, actually makes for some excitement since anyone in the hunt needs to birdie, if not eagle this hole.

Coming in to the 18th is one of the most spectacular finishes in golf - that isn't along the ocean!

So there you have it, Ian.  This is one absolutely spectacular course and my favorite in all of Scotland.

Royal Dornoch is my next favorite there.

BTW, I have played at least 6 rounds on Ailsa and have been to Scotland at least 4 trips, so I have a bit of experience there!
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back