News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

New Robert Trent Jones course in Argentina
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »
I just learned that Robert Trent Jones Jr. announced today that it will build a new course (his first in Argentina and his second in South America) in Termas de Río Hondo, in the Province of Santiago del Estero, Argentina. The project was presented this weekend by Jones Jr himself. There is not much information about the proyect. For those who speak Spanish, you can read the news in this link: http://www.aag.com.ar/aag2011-dev/articulo180520130003388.asp
Ricardo

Joe Bausch

Re: New Robert Trent Jones course in Argentina
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
Google translator does a decent job:

Saturday May 19, 2013. Robert Trent Jones Jr will be in charge of designing the new stadium of Golf Club Rio Hondo. The official announcement took place this weekend in the city of Rio Hondo, Santiago del Estero. There was present Trent Jones himself, who highlighted the challenge this new project will involve his long career. It's his first court in Argentina and the second in South America, and particularly attracts you water condition, always at elevated temperatures thermal status. "I promise to do the best tennis I did so far," said the designer to the local media, adding: "to be watered naturally with thermal water, will be unique."

Journalists were invited by the Government of the Province of Santiago del Estero, including representatives of Golf in Argentina, institutional magazine Argentina Golf Association. In the founding act of the project were present Governor Gerardo Zamora Santiago del Estero, and the Minister of National Tourism Enrique Meyer, among others.

Robert Trent Jones Jr, son of Trent Jones Sr, and responsible for more than 270 courts in the United States and other parts of the world, recognized the potential of the region and was part of the celebrations for the opening of the season of the Termas de Rio Hondo. "My goal is to make a pitch to which golfers from all over want to come to play. From now on there is much work to do and I know I have the support of the players from this province to carry out my project. I feel great to be part of all these changes that are being generated to make this place more attractive. "

"The most important thing is that Argentina, and particularly this region offers plenty of room to design" admitted Trent Jones, who summon their court on the waterfront dam above the town. "A court should not necessarily be demanding frustrating. Our philosophy is that our designs for golf, so think of a field for all players. "
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Steve Okula

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »
"I promise to do the best tennis I did so far,"

WTF?
The small wheel turns by the fire and rod,
the big wheel turns by the grace of God.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »
I think the translation programs are struggling with some word that means "course" but is coming across as "courts" then somehow thinking that is tennis.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »
I swear that the news in Spanish talks about golf  ;D

Ricardo

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »
Wait until i come up with google chemistry and shove that in your face, Joe Bausch! Don't try to replace the real thing with some google crap.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
In some Spanish-speaking countries, a golf course is called "un campo de golf," while in Argentina, it is evidently deemed a "cancha de golf." The problem is, in many Spanish-speaking countries, a "cancha" is an artificial surface, while a "campo" is a grassed surface.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »
Steve, how did you miss this one:  "particularly attracts you water condition,"

So the next time you water condition needs attracting, head to the River Plate.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
This just keeps on getting better..."In the founding act of the project "

el acto fundacional would be translated by a competent human as "groundbreaking ceremony."
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ricardo Ramirez Calvo

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »
Ronald, you are being mean with the poor Google translator, but you're right. Unlike most Spanish speaking countries, we call a golf course a "cancha de golf". The same word is used for tennis courts or football field or even a basketball court. Everything is for us a "cancha". When I go to the stadium to watch a football match, I say "voy a la cancha". Just to clarify the matter with the water, Termas de Río Hondo is a thermal place and the water is always hot. It seems that this is a good thing for a golf course  ??? I thought it was good for elderly.

Ricardo

Greg Tallman

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
RTJ2 will also be breaking ground on a course in Loreto here in Baja California. Loreto is about 6-7 hours north of Cabo and is spectacularly beautiful. How many people will see the course is anyone's guess. I believe they currently have one flight per day into Loreto.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »
Ricardo,

You are correct, but it was more uncouth to criticize Joe, so I apologize for that. Thanks for the elaboration on the water point.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back