News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Ralston

My origional point was to try to understand why so many of the courses I saw here that were having trouble financially were upscale and many not near an urban area [though you certainly found lots of exception when I asked], and yet in the urban area where I have seen the most fall, Cleveland, it seemed they were mostly old downscales that usually attract quite a different crowd.

The use of 'track' has always been a part of my redneck golf upbringing. Along with beer and 'Wolf'. Tain't a golf course without it.  :D

Doug
Where is everybody? Where is Tommy N? Where is John K? Where is Jay F? What has happened here? Has my absence caused this chaos? I'm sorry. All my rowdy friends have settled down ......... somewhere else!

Chris_Blakely

Harbor Shores opened a couple of years ago in right in Benton Harbor, MI.

Chris

Paul Gray

"Track" is what guys with cigars,leather golf bags and fancy shoes call the course the ride in a golf cart. No offense intended.

Sticking with the OT sub-thread which has rather amused me....

Maybe it's a cultural difference but that's not my experience.

In Britain at least, track is a term more often used by more accomplished golfers. Just to stereotype horrendously, generally these are men in there 30's or 40's with an education, reasonable income but no desire to dress like clowns or hire buggies.

Clubs, btw, can also be referred to as sticks, but this is somewhat post modern in intent and wouldn't be tolerated when used by anyone that couldn't demonstrate reasonable prowess when the aforementioned sticks were placed in his hands.
In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back