News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brad Tufts

Evansville to Terre Haute
« on: May 03, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
What is there to play of note in between these two fair cities?

Extra challenge...minus VNat, Quail Crossing, French Lick, Sultan's Run, and Canyata.

Those are all great, but looking for new blood...and I realize this may lower the quality bar to "medium."

Can be either side of IL/IN line...

Thanks for any/all help! 
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Frank Sullivan

Re: Evansville to Terre Haute
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
Hulman Links - Terre Haute

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »
Cambridge Golf Course; Cambridge, IN - Tim Liddy GCA

Vincennes Elks GC, Vincennes, IN - 9 holes by Langford & Moreau

Josh Tarble

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
Quail Creek in Robinson isn't too bad.  It has some fun holes.  I haven't played it in a couple years but its worth a play if you're passing by.

Hulman Links in Terre Haute is also worth a play. 

I'm not sure either are anything significant architecturally but both are fun tracks.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »
Cool...some intriguing options.

Is Vincennes Elks now the "Old Vincennes CC"?

Quail Creek has some Bendelow roots, as well as PGA Tour history in the late 60s/early 70s.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:59:43 PM by Brad Tufts »

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »
Cool...some intriguing options.

Is Vincennes Elks now the "Old Vincennes CC"?

Quail Creek has some Bendelow routes, as well as PGA Tour history in the late 60s/early 70s.

Yes, that is the course. I am not sure how much Langford remains.

Chris

Nigel Islam

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:03:30 AM »
Rolling Hills, ECC, and Christmas Lake are probably in the same ballpark as those mentioned. Cambridge would be the easiest to get to. Its right between US41 and I64, and is in the same league as Quail Crossing. Its not your run of the mill Southern Indiana course since it is essentially treeless. When are you going to be playing?

SBendelow

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:31:42 PM »
My listing of Bendelow courses contains no mention of a Quail Creek course in Indiana.  Might the holes referred to here have been part of a course built by Bendelow under  :)another name?  Would appreciate any documentation on this.   

ward peyronnin

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »
CC of Terre Haute has a sporty back nine and is a pleasing prospect. Not great but an olden times aura when golf was simple
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Brad Tufts

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »
My listing of Bendelow courses contains no mention of a Quail Creek course in Indiana.  Might the holes referred to here have been part of a course built by Bendelow under  :)another name?  Would appreciate any documentation on this.   

Hi Stuart,

TB is listed on the main page, as well as this course details page for Quail Creek: http://www.quailcreekcountryclub.org/course/.

Maybe a call to the course would help?

Brad Tufts

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
Rolling Hills, ECC, and Christmas Lake are probably in the same ballpark as those mentioned. Cambridge would be the easiest to get to. Its right between US41 and I64, and is in the same league as Quail Crossing. Its not your run of the mill Southern Indiana course since it is essentially treeless. When are you going to be playing?

Hi Nigel,

Cambridge does seem like the best option.  This will be late afternoon on Tuesday 5/14...maybe 3:30-4:00ish.  Care to join?

-Brad

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back