News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael G. Miller

Art/Architecture section
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:57:13 PM »
Over the years, I have had the very good fortune of having Ran post images of my work in the Art/Architecture section of this site. I appreciate all that have taken a look at them. Hopefully I am progressing as an artist (I certainly pray that I will) and that this progression is noticeable. The recent paintings of Pinehurst #2 that are now posted are a good example of a direction that I plan to continue. That direction is to emphasize a "play of light" in each painting with the intent of providing a sense of "life" while at the same time "drawing the eye" to the proper place in the landscape. These painting are also a little "looser' in execution and a little more toward an impressionistic approach. In so far that you are true appreciators of great golf architecture, and how authentically it can be depicted, I eagerly look forward to your opinions and thoughts on these matters. It is also no coincidence whatsoever that I have knowledgeable viewers such as yourselves in mind when I undertake a golf landscape painting.

Mark Pritchett

Re: Art/Architecture section
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »
Thanks for posting, love the picture of the ninth. 

Thomas Dai

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
Michael,

Thank you for highlighting this aspect of the site. After omitting to look into the Art/Architecture section for a while I've now re-done so and have thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen from yourself and others. A very pleasant change to see courses expressed in paint.

All the best

Michael G. Miller

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
Thanks for checking the Art/Architecture section. Brian - Thanks for the kind words concerning Sunningdale New #5. I agree about European subject matter although I have painted Royal St, George, Dornoch, St. Andrews, Tralee, Portrush and Westward Ho. Nonetheless, linksland architecture is absolutely great subject matter and I look forward to opportunities in that area. Obviously, no one is going to do it as well as Harry Roundtree, but maybe a little differently.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back