News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Josh Tarble

Re: Broadmoor CC (Indianapolis) Greens. Best in state?
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »
Kevin,
I agree with you that #3 needs a bit more tree clearing, but if I was prioritizing, #14 is the one that needs the most clearing.  I would love to see the entire left side rid of trees.  That makes the drive less penalizing, but still the optimal play is down the far right.  It would create much more strategy and possibly make the hole harder, as playing up the left would leave nearly an impossible second shot to that green.

I am afraid with a much wider fairway, #3 would actually become significantly easier, because it's still only ~370 yards.  I know the green is a monster, but if you're able to attack it with a wedge regardless of where you are in the fairway, it becomes much easier.  With the trees down, it forces a decision between accuracy and length.

Kevin Stark

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 10:12:16 PM »
I had forgotten about #14. You're exactly right about that. Having that left side open would be a huge improvement for all the reasons you mention.

Can we compromise on #3 and just cut down the tree-gate short of the green and the ones behind and to the right that shade the green?  :)

Jud_T

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 10:20:54 PM »
A very underrated track with some really good greens.  #15 is particularly memorable.  Of course if you're talking about a set of 8 greens then Harrison Hills would certainly be in the discussion.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back