News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

Barnbougle # 3 ?
« on: April 20, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
I saw on Instagram that they were scouting new clubhouse ideas for the third course at Barnbougle.  Any word on where and who will be designing this one?

Tom_Doak

Re: Barnbougle # 3 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »
There's land for more, but I saw Richard Sattler (of all people!) at The Masters just a week ago, and he said he wasn't sure they would pursue another course anytime in the near future.

Not sure how Instagram would know something Richard doesn't, but it would be a surprise to me.

Steve_Roths

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:07:41 AM »
This was the post with a pic of The Ocean Course's clubhouse on Sattler's Instagram page:

bizsattler   Getting ideas for course #3's clubhouse

Dieter Jones

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
If it happens then it will be away from the coast in an area with trees (Barnbougle Trails  :)  ). Supposed to be more sheltered. Probable designer already selected.
Never argue with an idiot. They will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
Long segment on the National broadcaster country program, "Landline" on Barnbougle Dunes as a hugely successful option for poor farmland, I will try and put a link for it on a separate thread.

It is a great insight into the Sattler family.

Interviewer: Lost Farm's in the top 50 courses in the world. Now everyone wants to know: will there be a third?

RICHARD SATTLER: We tell everyone a different story now 'cause rumours are marvellous. If the market's there for more, well, we'll build it. We can certainly build another coastal course and we've got a beautiful inland site that we could build on.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:59:45 AM by Brett Morrissy »
@theflatsticker

Tom_Doak

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 09:05:48 AM »
RICHARD SATTLER: We tell everyone a different story now 'cause rumours are marvellous.

That's a pretty funny answer, but dead honest, too.  Rumors are free publicity and most successful developers take advantage of that (and this site), whether or not there is anything behind them.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
This was the post with a pic of The Ocean Course's clubhouse on Sattler's Instagram page:

bizsattler   Getting ideas for course #3's clubhouse

http://instagram.com/p/YQNJnjQd-o/
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Mark_F

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
Anyone getting excited about Barnbougle 3 might want to read this.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/travellers-bid-farewell-to-cheap-airfares-20130423-2icw0.html#

According to the Becker rule of affordability, airfares are the only cheap thing in Australia.  If Airfares go up, the only people playing there will be Podiatrists.

jonathan_becker

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »

According to the Becker rule of affordability, airfares are the only cheap thing in Australia.  If Airfares go up, the only people playing there will be Podiatrists.

Airfare and the actual golf are the only cheap things!  But screw it, new course or not, I'll be coming back no matter the cost.

- I should edit this as everything at BD/LF isn't outrageously expensive.  The mainland is a different story though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:49:54 PM by jonathan_becker »

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
Anyone getting excited about Barnbougle 3 might want to read this.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/travellers-bid-farewell-to-cheap-airfares-20130423-2icw0.html#

According to the Becker rule of affordability, airfares are the only cheap thing in Australia.  If Airfares go up, the only people playing there will be Podiatrists.

Yes and no. Tickets were dirt cheap when I went, but we flew Virgin Australia when me and my dad went. We were going all over the place for a month, and compactly packed so it wasn't too much of a hassle to move around. Each flight had an extra baggage fee of 300 dollars for us, since we were overweight (and we also pre-purchased weight for our bags too!)
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Eric Smith

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:31 PM »
Obviously off topic, but how smokin hot is Biz Sattler?!!

William_G

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:26:44 PM »

very, very, very,
It's all about the golf!

Richard Chamberlain

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 12:00:15 AM »
Absolutely.
Not sure its the place for Tiger down there with Biz and Penny running around.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 12:30:13 AM »

Any girl with a pair of Masters tickets in her hands is smokin hot to you!
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Dieter Jones

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:59 AM »
Not hard to picture Richard Sattler on the porch with shot gun in hand as the local Bridport lads come a courtin'
Never argue with an idiot. They will simply bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Scott Warren

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 02:19:43 AM »
And we wonder why there aren't more women posting on GCA...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back