News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ron Csigo

Hidden Gems of the Surrey Sandbelt
« on: October 27, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »

We are all aware of the big guns in the Surrey Sandbelt such as Sunningdale, Swinley Forest, Wentworth and the Berkshires.

What are some of the architectural significant courses worth seeing that fly under the radar of their higher profile brethren?
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Sean_A

Re: Hidden Gems of the Surrey Sandbelt
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:15:06 PM »
Ron

In Surrey you could look at

Royal Auto Club
Reigate Heath
Camberley Heath
Royal Wimbledon
Wentworth East

I have heard good things about West Byfleet and Tandridge, never played them. Lots of people like Hindhead. Effingham and Beaverbrook intrigue me.

Happy Hockey
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Ryan Coles

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
Not sure that any in Surrey could be classed as hidden, but West Hill and New Zealand don’t seem to get that much fanfare and would undoubtedly get more, were they not in such a great area for golf.

Conley Hurst

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 10:47:27 PM »
It's not entirely "hidden," but I find Worplesdon to be as enjoyable as any of the big name courses in Surrey. The routing has a unique rhythm with well defined segments. It can be a bit odd on first playing. But on a second or third playing, the course really reveals its charm and subtleties. A preeminent members' course.

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 08:15:44 AM »
Woking - obviously.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back