News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Herrmann

Re: Bandon Muni "update"
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 12:25:29 PM »
Jud T - AMEN!

For what's worth, the course I play all the time encompasses part of an exceptional waterway (French Creek).  Since the course has been built, beavers have taken up residence, fox are often seen, bird species are very diverse.   Turtles are now well established, snakes are around all the time (non-poisonous).   The groundhogs and deer are everywhere too.

William_G

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 12:35:59 PM »
Ulrich,

If I were a local I'd be pretty pumped about having an additional rotating 9 designed by Gil Hanse at reasonable rates.

+ 1
It's all about the golf!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »
Ulrich,

If I were a local I'd be pretty pumped about having an additional rotating 9 designed by Gil Hanse at reasonable rates.

+ 1

I don't think having Gil Hanse as the architect is that much to get pumped about here. The thing to get pumped about is as near a true links 9 as possible for reasonable rates. Unfortunately Keiser went all conservative on us and picked the safe choice for the job. Why not choose someone more edgy like Kelly?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »
GJ - Huh?

William_G

It's all about the golf!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »
Latest article on the proposed land swap
http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2013/07/oregon_state_park_land_exchang.html#incart_m-rpt-2

The Oregon Parks Commission will hold a meeting in North Bend on July 17th where public comment is accepted. A decision to proceed may come at earliest iin September
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:41:27 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Jud_T

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 01:40:35 PM »
Pete,

Generally it helps to read the post immediately prior to yours before posting... ;)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »
I thought I had read down far enough down the topics list, but at least I added the gist of the article.

William_G

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »
thanks Pete,   ;D

fwiw...I still don't understand what is being offered in trade etc....
It's all about the golf!

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 07:00:32 PM »
thanks Pete,   ;D

What does land next to Depoe Bay have to do with this...or land in Grant county? I'm lost too.

Here is my favorite comment from the Oregonian article comment section
" If a course is ranked only 74th in the world, it hardly has the BEST a course has to offer.....and, "being open to the public" yet charging $280 for a round is hardly egalitarian; only a small segment of the public can afford to transport themselves to that remote location, pay for lodging, AND afford that kind of a hefty grounds fee. It's basically an elitists business." - Way_Of_The_Whigs

I guess that make many of us elitist...I can live with that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:02:21 PM by Emile Bonfiglio »
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

William_G

It's all about the golf!

Stephen Davis

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 10:59:04 PM »
That is a much more clearly written article. Thanks for posting it. I sure hope this deal gets done. 27 more holes in Bandon might be enough to get me to move back ;)

William_G

Will Lozier

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 06:12:20 PM »
Good to hear voices of common sense from all sides!

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2013, 07:04:13 PM »
thanks Pete,   ;D

Under the proposal, Bandon Biota would pay at least $300,000 for gorse control on nearby state park properties, transfer two land parcels near Bandon totaling 208 acres into the state park system, and pay as much as $2.95 million to help purchase two other properties: oceanfront property in Lincoln County known as Whale Cove, and 6,100 acres in Grant County near Mt. Vernon for use as a future state park.

William_G

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
thanks Emile..

here's the current proposal...pretty clear here what the golf property is

http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/Documents/bandon-proposal-20130725.pdf   (page 6 plus page 10 from the document below)

here's the old proposal form 3 years ago

http://www.oregoncoastalliance.org/documents_11/Bandon_Dunes-OPRD_Exchange.pdf  (page 10 here)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 12:31:25 AM by William_Grieve »
It's all about the golf!

William_G

It's all about the golf!

Pete_Pittock

Howard Riefs

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
Cross-post...

Yes, it's the project formerly known as "Bandon Muni."  It will now be known as "Bandon Links," according to Ginella.  His tweets:

*  Breaking: Unanimous approval for land swap. Mike Keiser gets what he needs to add 36 holes @BandonDunesGolf. #BandonLinks

*  Keiser still needs to get #BandonLinks' plans approved, but first 18 will go to Gil Hanse. Architect for 2nd 18 TBD.

*  I'm told some of the names being considered for 2nd 18 at #BandonLinks: Kyle Phillips, Mike DeVries, Jim Urbina, David McLay Kidd.

*  Yes. Changed name to #BandonLinks because it's not a municipal. RT @TimGavrich: Is that for hoped-for, so-called "Bandon Muni" project?

https://twitter.com/mattginellagc
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

William_G

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 08:35:34 PM »
http://theworldlink.com/bandon/news/keiser-s-newest-golf-project-will-provide-overwhelming-benefit/article_11772096-78a4-11e3-bddb-001a4bcf887a.html

very cool stuff

sounds like will have quite a caddie program focusing on juniors and the Evans Scholar program

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:41:58 PM by William_G »
It's all about the golf!

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
Thanks for posting.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »
Interesting that the gorse is so thick that Keiser and Hanse have not been able to walk the property.  

I would think that property is so sensitive that they are not going to drive a Cat onto the property to clear the gorse.  That's going to be one huge, dirty tough job.

William_G

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
another potential set back for the Bandon Links  :(

the Grouse Mountain acquisition by the state parks and rec dept. was voted down yesterday

as this was part of the Bandon exchange proposal, a new property to tie in with Mike Keiser's plan will need to be identified and approved

this property will likely be identified before the next parks and rec meeting April 5th

:-X
It's all about the golf!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 01:51:33 PM »
I'm not sure I understand this?  How many acres are we talking about for Grouse Mountain.

From another thread regarding the land swap, I don't see any mention of Grouse Mountain?

"In the land exchange, Bandon Biota would transfer 208 acres in the Bandon area into the state parks system, provide $450,000 in matching funds to help the state purchase property at Whale Cove near Depoe Bay and $2.5 million to buy a portion of a ranch in Grant County, and give the state $300,000 for gorse control in Coos and Curry counties. Bandon Biota would receive 280 acres in the Bandon State Natural Area south of town."

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
I'm not sure I understand this?  How many acres are we talking about for Grouse Mountain.

From another thread regarding the land swap, I don't see any mention of Grouse Mountain?

"In the land exchange, Bandon Biota would transfer 208 acres in the Bandon area into the state parks system, provide $450,000 in matching funds to help the state purchase property at Whale Cove near Depoe Bay and $2.5 million to buy a portion of a ranch in Grant County, and give the state $300,000 for gorse control in Coos and Curry counties. Bandon Biota would receive 280 acres in the Bandon State Natural Area south of town."
I think the acreage at Grouse Mtn. was about 5,000 to 6,000 acres, but the acreage was not important to the deal. It was dollars and a state park in the area. I believe they are still looking at other options since Bandon Biota is still on the agenda of their meetings.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back