News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

John Penny

Cart "footprints" - Bubbas Hover
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u_2bGPdUY

Could ultimately be a decent idea for golf carts, no?)

Emile Bonfiglio

Re: Cart "footprints" - Bubbas Hover
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »
The hovercraft is actually amazing! Not sure I like the idea of people going over ponds but it was a cool toy for Bubba!
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Rich Goodale

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
I have just formally trademarked "Bubbacraft" (tm) and do not expect to ever again work a day in my life.
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »
I have just formally trademarked "Bubbacraft" (tm) and do not expect to ever again work a day in my life.

Implying you work now.........

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »
After watching that video I'm going back to school to become a personal injury lawyer.  ;D
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Wayne Wiggins, Jr.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »
i kinda actually want one.  is that wrong?  or, what if you applied that, along with the gyroscope technology in the Segway, to a pull cart... it would be easier to push/pull (especially uphill) and you could take it on or across the green. 

JNC Lyon

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »
Is this the solution to all problems, costs, and maintenance issues created by golf carts?  You don't need a bridge over a water hazard, let alone cart paths.  I thought the idea was pretty rad.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Doug Siebert

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:50 AM »
I always wondered why no one made a golf cart with big balloon tires like those things rednecks drive through mud bogs.  Combine it with traction control to prevent anyone from spinning tires or slamming on the brakes and it would probably damage greens less to drive over them than it does when a fat guy walks on them.

The hovercraft is cool, but probably adds a zero to the cost of a regular golf cart.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:26:56 AM »
I always wondered why no one made a golf cart with big balloon tires like those things rednecks drive through mud bogs.  Combine it with traction control to prevent anyone from spinning tires or slamming on the brakes and it would probably damage greens less to drive over them than it does when a fat guy walks on them.

The hovercraft is cool, but probably adds a zero to the cost of a regular golf cart.

At least, I should think. Plus every hovercraft I have ever seen has been fantastically noisy, given the big fan needed to fill the skirts with air. It'd be like playing golf in an international airport.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:29:48 AM »
hovercart = noise
@theflatsticker

David_Elvins

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 06:59:51 AM »
Old news...

Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 09:13:28 AM »
I hate golf carts, but I would take one of those in a second. That thing is awesome.

Doug Siebert

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 10:02:28 PM »
Is this the solution to all problems, costs, and maintenance issues created by golf carts?  You don't need a bridge over a water hazard, let alone cart paths.  I thought the idea was pretty rad.

Only if your water hazards have nearly flat banks.  If there's a dropoff of even a couple feet at the edge as with many you're no better off in a hovercart than a regular one.  Forget crossing Swilken Burn or Rae's Creek in that thing.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

V. Kmetz

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 10:24:42 PM »

Only if your water hazards have nearly flat banks.  If there's a dropoff of even a couple feet at the edge as with many you're no better off in a hovercart than a regular one.  Forget crossing Swilken Burn or Rae's Creek in that thing.
After watching that video I'm going back to school to become a personal injury lawyer.  ;D

Agree with both quotes

Sweet Jesus, I haven't laughed that hard since a Charlie Chaplin movie. Just thinking of the local, bust CT/Westchester public tracks with all sorts of boozed up slashers tooling around in those things...

And as to the Swilcan or Rae's creek, can you imagine the conundrums at TPC Sawgrass 17?

Bubba Watson would become my favorite person in the world if he come barelling down Magnolia Lane with that thing on Tuesday for the Champion's dinner.

What mayhem!

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Ross Harmon

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
Penny - you going soft on us?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back