News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Seitz

Re: 4th Annual Midwest Mashie - The Kingsley Club! UPDATE: FORMAL SIGN-UP OPEN!
« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
I'll gladly captain the East and my legit handicap is 10.4

REALLY!!  Hmm, makes me wonder why Jud and I were giving you about a million strokes at Beverly a couple months ago.

JC Jones

« Reply #276 on: September 25, 2013, 01:11:25 AM »
I've worked down to that from where I was 2 months ago and if I recall, I was giving Jud strokes because we played me as a 14 in my 3rd round in 12 months with my first such round coming 5 days prior.

Lewis was the star that day. :)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 07:26:24 AM by JC Jones »
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
As last year's East team captain, I second JC Jones' motion.

Also, I had a work appointment near Lima today and got on the road last night. It's now 1:00 and I'm officially on vacation for this thing. The excitement is getting palpable.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »
I've worked down to that from where I was 2 months ago and if I recall, I was giving Jud strokes because we played me as a 14 in my 3rd round in 12 months with my first such round coming 5 days prior.

Lewis was the star that day. :)

A 10.4 at the Bev converts to a 13 course handicap, so JC really only got one bonus shot.  And it's not like it mattered due to his play.

This is starting to sound like a Tigerman-Seitz vs Jones-Lewis money (re-)match on Friday afternoon...

Howard Riefs

« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
I'll gladly captain the East and my legit handicap is 10.4

Thanks, Captain Jones.

Captain Freeman looks forward to the competition.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Dan_Lucas

« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2013, 03:49:12 PM »
George

Just heard you're looking for a fourth on Sat. I can't do it as I will be out of town till Sat. nite. You might ask Joe Hancock, talked to him last week and he mentioned trying to at least visit during the Mashie.

Dan

Steve Lang

« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »

Also, I had a work appointment near Lima today and got on the road last night. It's now 1:00 and I'm officially on vacation for this thing. The excitement is getting palpable.

where near Lima?  Hawthorne HIlls?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Matthew Sander

« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
Well, today I returned "the" Mashie to captain Freeman. I'm going to miss that little bugger...

I'm bummed to not be part of the festivities this weekend, but alas, two Kingsley trips in one month wasn't in the cards. I look forward to hearing the reports from the first timers. For me, the course certainly lived up to if not exceeded my expectations. I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

I expect my Chicago boys to do the heavy lifting in keeping the Mashie in the hands of the good guys.

I know there is no shortage of Kingsley pics, but here are a couple of the best shots I took during my weekend there...

George Freeman

« Reply #283 on: September 26, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »
Any final requests for Saturday's fourball teams/matches before we set them??
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Howard Riefs

« Reply #284 on: September 26, 2013, 10:07:11 AM »
After 12 pages, I'm shocked nobody has asked the obvious question:

What would happen if 26 guys are caught trespassing at what remains of High Pointe?

The answer:

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
Act 328 of 1931

750.552 Trespass upon lands or premises of another; violation; penalty.
Sec. 552.

(1) A person shall not do any of the following:

(a) Enter the lands or premises of another without lawful authority after having been forbidden so to do by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

(b) Remain without lawful authority on the land or premises of another after being notified to depart by the owner or occupant or the agent of the owner or occupant.

(c) Enter or remain without lawful authority on fenced or posted farm property of another person without the consent of the owner or his or her lessee or agent. A request to leave the premises is not a necessary element for a violation of this subdivision. This subdivision does not apply to a person who is in the process of attempting, by the most direct route, to contact the owner or his or her lessee or agent to request consent.

(2) A person who violates subsection (1) is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than 30 days or by a fine of not more than $250.00, or both.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(axijkpevxkukzryaqhig02iq))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-552&highlight=trespass
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »
George,

Marc K and I form a good two man team for the Sat 4-ball.

Ryan T
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Jud_T

« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2013, 10:41:56 AM »
Remember boys, better ball of pairs is played off 90% of your course handicap.  Any and all side action will be entertained...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Chris_Hufnagel

« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
What would happen if 26 guys are caught trespassing at what remains of High Pointe?

It is really funny you mention that, after the "Rank my courses" thread and how many comments ("I wish I had seen it."), I was thinking a field trip over would be really interesting...

I am guessing there is a gate up on the old entrance and the all you can see of it is the front nine for M72?

Morgan Clawson

« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »
I'll be arriving mid day on Friday as well.

Looks like great weather this weekend!

Bill Faley

« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2013, 07:33:18 PM »

I'd like my partner to be anyone who feels good about his chances for sticking their ball on the 2nd green. Other than that, I'm easy.

In Capt Freeman we trust...

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
I've got a 9:20 at Greywalls and am driving down afterwards.  Doubt that I can make it out to the KC while daylight.  On Saturday morning is there a shotgun start for us double rounders?  If so, what time?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:51:30 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »
Remember boys, better ball of pairs is played off 90% of your course handicap.  Any and all side action will be entertained...

WRONG...per USGA handicap manual:

Four-Ball Match Play
Reduce the Course Handicaps of all four players by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who then plays from scratch. Each of the three other players is allowed 100 percent of the difference.

http://www.usga.org/uploadedFiles/USGAHome/rules/competition_guidelines/12HowToConduct_lowres.pdf
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:14:24 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Neil Johnston

« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »

I'd like my partner to be anyone who feels good about his chances for sticking their ball on the 2nd green. Other than that, I'm easy.

In Capt Freeman we trust...

Bill - I made a solid par-par on 2 at my first and only outing to Kingsley earlier this summer, and a big fat X on number 9. If you can make a par 5 or eagle 3 on number 9, maybe we should team up.

Jud_T

« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »

Four-Ball Match Play
Reduce the Course Handicaps of all four players by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who then plays from scratch. Each of the three other players is allowed 100 percent of the difference.

http://www.usga.org/uploadedFiles/USGAHome/rules/competition_guidelines/12HowToConduct_lowres.pdf

Holy s$&@! You learn something every day!  I'm used to the lame better ball stroke play format at my old club.  West squad is a lock now!!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Bill Faley

« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »

Bill - I made a solid par-par on 2 at my first and only outing to Kingsley earlier this summer, and a big fat X on number 9. If you can make a par 5 or eagle 3 on number 9, maybe we should team up.

[/quote]

Yes! I got your back.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »

where near Lima?  Hawthorne HIlls?

Steve, I was actually down near St. Mary's. That part of the trip was all business though, as I was doing some work in an outpatient facility.

I have been to Hawthorne Hills though. It's about as good a course for the price as you'll find. I'm not sure I've ever played the back 9, but I've played the front a few times when driving through and I've also played the "executive" loop. I really like the par 5 6th (?) with the mound in front of the green.

I'll be out at Kingsley around noon-ish today. Gonna try for a little golf and maybe a little fishing too.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »

Four-Ball Match Play

Holy s$&@! You learn something every day!  I'm used to the lame better ball stroke play format at my old club.  West squad is a lock now!!

You were thinking strokeplay instead of matchplay.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
 morning tee times saturday?  I have arrived at  my motel

Howard Riefs

« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2013, 09:01:32 PM »
morning tee times saturday?  I have arrived at  my motel

No tee times. Show up by 9:00/9:30 and you'll find somebody to play with.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2013, 09:09:47 PM »
After day one fourball (glad I corected furball) match play WEST 5
                                                                                   EAST  2

Thirteen singles match Sunday moning.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back