News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: 4th Annual Midwest Mashie - The Kingsley Club! UPDATE: FORMAL SIGN-UP OPEN!
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
Brian,

It's relatively casual, but your best bet is club attire.  Collared shirts, no denim or cargo shorts.  No hats in the clubhouse.  No smoking on the course (fire hazard).  Cell phones in designated areas etc.  If you think it's questionable, err on the safe side.  Most of all, NO OHIO STATE OR NOTRE DAME LOGOS!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:03:39 PM by Jud T »
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »
Brian,

It's relatively casual, but your best bet is club attire.  Collared shirts, no denim or cargo shorts.  No hats in the clubhouse.  No smoking on the course (fire hazard).  Cell phones in designated areas etc.  if you think it's questionable, err on the safe side.  Most of all, NO OHIO STATE OR NOTRE DAME LOGOS!

Damn Jud!  You should have told him Tuxedos everywhere except the golf course.   ;D
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

BHoover

« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
Brian,

It's relatively casual, but your best bet is club attire.  Collored shirts, no denim or cargo shorts.  No hats in the clubhouse.  No smoking on the course (fire hazard).  Cell phones in designated areas etc.  if you think it's questionable, err on the safe side.  Most of all, NO OHIO STATE OR NOTRE DAME LOGOS!

Thanks, Jud. I was most curious about the denim (for off the course). I figured it was a no-go, but those of us from Ohio do love our jeans and jorts!

As for Ohio State, I went to law school there, but I've learned to stay clear of Buckeyes football. Thanks!

Brian Finn

« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »
Brian,

It's relatively casual, but your best bet is club attire.  Collared shirts, no denim or cargo shorts.  No hats in the clubhouse.  No smoking on the course (fire hazard).  Cell phones in designated areas etc.  if you think it's questionable, err on the safe side.  Most of all, NO OHIO STATE OR NOTRE DAME LOGOS!

Damn Jud!  You should have told him Tuxedos everywhere except the golf course.   ;D

Hoover and I will bring tuxedos, just in case. Light blue and orange, respectively. 

New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Jud_T

« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »
In the cabins, anything goes.  They won't throw you out for going for a walk in jeans.  I'm scratching my head a bit as there is no such thing as off course,  we're on it from dawn till dusk!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

BHoover

« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »
In the cabins, anything goes.  They won't throw you out for going for a walk in jeans.  I'm scratching my head a bit as there is no such thing as off course,  we're on it from dawn till dusk!

Works for me!

JC Jones

« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
Brian,

Hoover and I will bring tuxedos, just in case. Light blue and orange, respectively. 

Top hats and canes?  Which one goes "Lloyd Christmas" on the other?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Brian Finn

« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
Brian,

It's relatively casual, but your best bet is club attire.  Collared shirts, no denim or cargo shorts.  No hats in the clubhouse.  No smoking on the course (fire hazard).  Cell phones in designated areas etc.  If you think it's questionable, err on the safe side.  Most of all, NO OHIO STATE OR NOTRE DAME LOGOS!

Just to be clear...would these be frowned upon?  Only a moron would ban such fine attire.   ;D  ;D ;D

http://www.penningtonandbailes.com/notre-dame-blue-pants-men.html
http://www.penningtonandbailes.com/notre-dame-green-pants-men.html
http://www.penningtonandbailes.com/notre-dame-khaki-pants-men.html
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Ken Fry

« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »

Just to be clear...would these be frowned upon?  Only a moron would ban such fine attire.   ;D  ;D ;D

Laugh all you want to.  Do you know how many times I year I see these things?!?!?

Ken

Brian Finn

« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »

Laugh all you want to.  Do you know how many times I year I see these things?!?!?

Ken

I can only imagine, Ken.  For the record, I am only half joking, as I aspire to wear these one day.  I think you have to be out of school 30+ years, and i am told you must wear them at least 3 sizes too small, so your ample gut can hang over sufficiently.  

Brian Finn

« Reply #260 on: September 23, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
Back to golf for a second...will we be able to play pretty much whenever we arrive on Friday?  Hoover and I should be up there early afternoon and would like to get in at least 18 on Friday. Do we need to schedule anything?

JC Jones

« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2013, 09:00:45 PM »
Whitaker and I will arrive around 2pm.  18 should be easily doable I'd think.

Jud_T

« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »
Back to golf for a second...will we be able to play pretty much whenever we arrive on Friday?  Hoover and I should be up there early afternoon and would like to get in at least 18 on Friday. Do we need to schedule anything?

All you have to do is try to catch us!

Bill Seitz

« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2013, 12:14:09 AM »

Brian, you won't really need a tee time (which is good, because Kingsley doesn't do practice rounds), but it would be a good idea to call the club and let them know what time you plan to arrive and that you'd like to play a practice round around the time you arrive. I doubt you'll have a full tee in front of you, but it's a good idea to let them know what time you'll likely be there, just in case.

Bill Faley

« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
I can confirm that my index is 4 according to the computers, but there hasn't been a lot of golf in the past few weeks to support (deny?) that number. No matter what it is, Seitz will tell you that Kingsley inspires my game. At least it did on my first trip up there.

I'll play for whichever side is agreeable to my ND Leprechaun headcover.

## Anyone need a ride or look to carpool from Chicago on Friday, returning Sun eve? ##

Jud_T

« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »
Bill,

Don't look at me when that head cover is sacrificed to the bonfire gods.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »
I am happy to play either Saturday or Sunday, depending on what works best for the team format.  I would rather not take the whole weekend away from home, I do that too often as it is!

Tom,

I'm helping George out with coordination. Are you still available to play on Saturday afternoon? If so, that would work better for the matchups.

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Howard Riefs

« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2013, 09:34:13 PM »
A couple more requests...

* 13-Player Teams: We need to even out the teams as there are currently 14 on the East (not including Tom) and 12 on the West. I need someone on East with a handicap index of 6.0 or better to volunteer to move to the West team. If nobody volunteers, well...

* Team Captains: George will be the captain for the West team. We're seeking volunteers to captain the East squad. Step right up!

* Match Pairings: We typically do 2 on 2 best ball matches on Saturday afternoon, and the choice of singles or alternate shot matches Sunday morning. If you have a preference for team pairings, please let me know. Keep in mind your handicaps when making your request. The list of team members is below. The team captains will then review requests, and make the official pairings.

-----------

EAST
Ken Fry (5.9)
Chris Sturges (5.3)
Jason Thurman (8.1)  
Chris Hufnagel (8.9)  
Josh Tarble (2.7)
Brian Finn (4.1)  
Michael Whitaker (9.6)
Jason Jones ("18.3")
Ryan Taylor (5)
Matt Schmidt (2.8 )
Tim "The Tool Man" Bert (16.8 )
Marc Kielkucki (10)
Ben Cowan (9)
Tom Doak [playing Sat or Sun]

WEST
George Freeman (7.3)
Bill Seitz (3.8 )
Howard Riefs (13.7)
Jud T. (20.5)
Zach Molnar
Andrew Lewis (8.1)
Bill Faley (4)
Pete Pittock (10.2)
Jackson Chen
Buck Wolter (9.6)
Morgan Clawson (16.9)
Neil Johnston (12)
Brian Hoover (3.8 )
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:03:48 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Howard Riefs

« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »

* 13-Player Teams: We need to even out the teams as there are currently 14 on the East (not including Tom) and 12 on the West. I need someone on East with a handicap index of 6.0 or better to volunteer to move to the West team. If nobody volunteers, well...

Brian Hoover has volunteered to join the West team. In doing so, he is hereby granted permission to wear his Notre Dame pants!

Welcome aboard!

Jud_T

« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
We'll take Schmidtty!  Zack must be a 5 or better.  If JC plays off 18.6 and scares 85 the guest policy will have to be reviewed by the powers that be...

BHoover

« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »

Brian Hoover has volunteered to join the West team. In doing so, he is hereby granted permission to wear his Notre Dame pants!

Welcome aboard!

I'm a Miami (Ohio) and OSU guy. But I don't own any OSU gear. And I just gave up on the Cleveland Browns and the Indians are in the process of blowing a win against the White Sox at the very worst time of the season to let one get away.

JC Jones

« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »
I'll gladly captain the East and my legit handicap is 10.4

Howard Riefs

« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »

Welcome aboard!

I'm a Miami (Ohio) and OSU guy. But I don't own any OSU gear. And I just gave up on the Cleveland Browns and the Indians are in the process of blowing a win against the White Sox at the very worst time of the season to let one get away.

My bad. I misread an earlier post. Please wear your favorite Ohio or Cleveland sports attire. Bernie Kosar jersey?

BHoover

« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2013, 10:59:22 PM »

Welcome aboard!

My bad. I misread an earlier post. Please wear your favorite Ohio or Cleveland sports attire. Bernie Kosar jersey?

So I'm assuming that Zubazz are acceptable attire?

Howard Riefs

« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »

So I'm assuming that Zubazz are acceptable attire?

You'll fit right in with the West squad. And nice win by your Indians thanks to a walk-off by the Giambino!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back