News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Re: 4th Annual Midwest Mashie - The Kingsley Club! UPDATE: FORMAL SIGN-UP OPEN!
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »
Eric's old room is booked.

I knew it would go quick  ;D

Who's the brave soul who ignored the disclaimer?
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Buck Wolter

« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »
Eric's old room is booked.

I knew it would go quick  ;D

Who's the brave soul who ignored the disclaimer?

Any port in the storm
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jud_T

« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:48 PM »
Keeping with the Spartan theme, which one of you is bringing the Ben Hur DVD?
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Buck Wolter

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
I fly into Grand Rapids fairly early Friday -- anyone playing, interested in playing between Grand Rapids and Kingsley Friday early afternoon?

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

JC Jones

« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »
Buck,

I'm picking Gentleman Whitaker up from the GR airport Friday morning.  We are planning on heading straight up to Kingsley.  If you need a ride, I'm happy to help out.  You'll have to find your way back to GR on Sunday, though as i am headed to Petoskey on Sunday.  Then again, so does Mike so maybe you both could work something out.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2013, 11:26:44 PM »
JC-
No place I'd rather play than Kingsley . I'll IM with Mr. Whitaker as I plan to rent a car -- may be able to save you a trip.

I'm bringing my CPAP machine, hope you don't mind some white noise. :)

Buck

JC Jones

« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
It's not that out of the way and I'm happy to drive.  I think Eric Smoth priced out a 1 way from the TC airport on Sunday and it was pretty cheap.  And, Jud T will have room in his car.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Jud_T

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2013, 11:42:42 PM »
A bunch of us are driving up from GR early friday.  The more the merrier.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

JC Jones

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »
Do we need an official logistics thread?  I am coming from Lansing and right now am in charge of Whitaker, which leaves 2 open seats fr anyone else who needs a ride up.  The flip side is that I can't get anyone back down but maybe there are others passing through GR so we could reduce everyone's car rental costs.

Jud_T

« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »
There's at least 2 or 3 cars heading back through GR Sunday I believe, probably late afternoon or early evening.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »
Going via Marquette. After Kingsley, flying out of O'Hare Monday morning. Will have seat space available to Chicago.

Ken Fry

« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2013, 03:23:14 PM »
I'll be heading through Grand Rapids and back to South Bend after play on Sunday if anyone needs a lift along that route.

Ken

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #212 on: September 21, 2013, 12:28:11 AM »
I'm driving back to GRR on Sunday in time for a 5:00pm flight if anyone needs a ride to the airport.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

C. Sturges

« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »
Hello,
I know it is late, but is there room for one more?  I am going to call the club today.  My handicap is 5.3.  If anyone is looking for a ride, I will be driving from Cleveland.
Thanks, and looking forward to seeing everyone!
chris

Buck Wolter

« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2013, 02:51:59 PM »
I talked with Kingsley today and if people are interested in a 'practice round' Friday afternoon I'll organize something or at least make sure that people have a game if they want one.

Shoot me an IM if you are interested.

Buck

Jud_T

« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
I'd highly recommend a practice round for anyone who's never played the course before, particularly those on the West squad. :)

Howard Riefs

« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2013, 09:39:45 PM »
I'm picking Gentleman Whitaker up from the GR airport Friday morning.  We are planning on heading straight up to Kingsley.  If you need a ride, I'm happy to help out.  You'll have to find your way back to GR on Sunday, though as i am headed to Petoskey on Sunday.  Then again, so does Mike so maybe you both could work something out.

I'm driving back to GRR on Sunday in time for a 5:00pm flight if anyone needs a ride to the airport.

Mike,

I'm sure you can find a ride Sunday back to GRR instead of renting a car. (I'd offer if I was driving...)

Can anyone help out?
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Chris_Hufnagel

« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2013, 09:54:10 PM »
I would be happy to provide a lift back to GRR on Sunday afternoon - it just depends on when...

I am not sure what time I will be leaving yet though - depending on what time the Mashie ends and if anyone is planning on golf after - this maybe my last trip up there this year and it is always hard to leave knowing I won't be back until spring...

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2013, 09:59:22 PM »

Mike,

I'm sure you can find a ride Sunday back to GRR instead of renting a car. (I'd offer if I was driving...)

Can anyone help out?

Howard - rental car was only about $30, so no worries there. I like being in control of my own destiny, if you know what I mean.  ;)
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Howard Riefs

« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »

Howard - rental car was only about $30, so no worries there. I like being in control of my own destiny, if you know what I mean.  ;)

Good deal. Just looking out for your wallet as it's going to add up when you factor in all the lost matches vs West team members.

JC Jones

« Reply #220 on: September 22, 2013, 07:06:56 AM »
Howard,

He'll be losing money to this East team member on Friday.  Good news is he will make it back against the West as the East is going to be dominating.

As an aside, does this event have a Calcutta?  I want to buy myself.

Jud_T

« Reply #221 on: September 22, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »
Chris,

It's always hard to leave, but it'll be particularly difficult when you know the trophy's leaving with the other team...  :)

Steve Lang

« Reply #222 on: September 22, 2013, 09:37:59 AM »
 8)  i think the mailbox at the 18th tee is going to need restocking after this group is done..

jc are you going to get to the Bel before returnng to nc?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Neil Johnston

« Reply #223 on: September 22, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »
I appreciate all the trash talking happening. When do the official teams/pairings get made?

JC Jones

« Reply #224 on: September 22, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
8)  i think the mailbox at the 18th tee is going to need restocking after this group is done..

jc are you going to get to the Bel before returnng to nc?

I am hoping to get to the Bel Monday afternoon or Tuesday AM.  It will be the first time in 6 years I will be seeing her in her firm and fast conditions.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back