News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

If Jud is on the west, I am on the East.  Even if that means I have to join forces with that rebel, Whitaker. 

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Michael Whitaker

If Jud is on the west, I am on the East.  Even if that means I have to join forces with that rebel, Whitaker. 

;D
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Bill Seitz

Has the west ever lost this thing?

As I recall, the West closed out their third straight Mashie on a dramatic seven iron to within a foot on 18 capping a major comeback in the final four holes as Seitz/Tigerman defeated Tarble/Clouser one up.   ;D

Usually the dividing line is roughly the southern tip of Lake Michigan and down, so Michiganders and Indianans(?) play for the East, Illinoisans and such play for the West, though George may have to finesse that.  I think I know the residences of about 22 guys on the list, and they break heavily for the West so far, but that's probably because I'm already situated there.  Jud would be on the West, while Mssrs. Jones and Whitaker would indeed be playing for the East.

More importantly, I see nine members on that list, and so far the members are breaking 2-1 for the West, with only Mssrs. Schmidt, Bert, and Hufnagle representing the East.  If the DeVries Cup is any indication, home course advantage tends to be a pretty big factor at Kingsley.  Right now, I like our chances for the Four-Peat.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:03:24 PM by Bill Seitz »

Josh Tarble

oh don't worry Bill, that loss stands fresh in my mind...I plan on getting vengeance at your home course.

BHoover

Anyone planning on trying to squeeze in a few extra rounds at Kingsley?  Would we be able to play Friday as well or are we limited to Saturday and Sunday?

JC Jones

More importantly, I see nine members on that list, and so far the members are breaking 2-1 for the West, with only Mssrs. Schmidt, Bert, and Hufnagle representing the East.  If the DeVries Cup is any indication, home course advantage tends to be a pretty big factor at Kingsley.  Right now, I like our chances for the Four-Peat.  

I feel comfortable with my course knowledge.... ;D

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Bill Seitz

There are certain bounces and breaks that I've been assured only work for members.  But great news, JC!  You still have a month and a half to put in that new member registration.  ;)

JC Jones

There are certain bounces and breaks that I've been assured only work for members.  But great news, JC!  You still have a month and a half to put in that new member registration.  ;)

I'm waiting for Jud to get kicked out first.

George Freeman

Bump for anyone who might have missed the update (sign-up sheet link on 1st post).
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Ryan Taylor

George,

Ben Cowan and I should be confirmed. Sent credit card info to Kingsley last Thursday. I will have one more.

Ryan Taylor
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Pete_Pittock

I'll be joining in, mailing my reservation tomorrow. Flying into O'Hare the Sunday before, catch Cubs/Pirates Monday night, Erin Hills Tuesday, Wednesday probably Lawsonia (very likely with Mr Daley, others welcome), submitted to Greywalls for Friday morning. Haven't been to Kingsley since it's grow-in, got to play a few holes. Would like a front center pin on #1 so I can use the midgreen backstop.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:52:58 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Howard Riefs

I'll be joining in, mailing my reservation tomorrow. Flying into O'Hare the Sunday before, catch Cubs/Pirates Monday night, Erin Hills Tuesday, Wednesday probably Lawsonia (very likely with Mr Daley, others welcome), submitted to Greywalls for Friday morning. Haven't been to Kingsley since it's grow-in, got to play a few holes. Would like a front center pin on #1 so I can use the midgreen backstop.

Great itinerary!

Btw, you're all set for the front pin on #1, the back pin on #4 and the front pin on #9 from the west tee.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jason Thurman

George, I can't remember if I sent a PM or not, but I'm confirmed.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Pete_Pittock

Any suggestions of where to stay when the cabins at KC have filled?  The airport looks closest.

I've sent the entry, made plane and car reservations and have times at Erin Hlls Tuesday afternoon and Greywalls Friday morning.  

Jud_T

Anywhere in Traverse City is fine.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Ken Fry

Any suggestions of where to stay when the cabins at KC have filled?  The airport looks closest.

I've sent the entry, made plane and car reservations and have times at Erin Hlls Tuesday afternoon and Greywalls Friday morning.  

Pete,

Anywhere near Airport Road and US. 31 would put you in a good location.  I've stayed at the Courtyard Inn and it was nice.  From there, it's about 20 minutes to Kingsley.  There is a Fairfield Inn and a Baymont Inn also in that area.

There is also Kingsley Motel but I have not stayed there so I can't comment on the level of accomodations.  It's about 10-15 minutes away from Kingsley Club.

Ken

JWinick

Ok, I'm in.... Sounds like fun.   

Howard Riefs

One month and counting until the East team starts its march to 0-4.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Pete_Pittock

Re: 4th Annual Midwest Mashie - The Kingsley Club! UPDATE: FORMAL SIGN-UP OPEN!
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
George,
For whoever is making up the teams:

Handicap 11.0
Tees: blue, but would prefer a white/blue combo if there is one
Side: doesn't matter, geographically west
Getting around: golf cart
Additional rounds: Saturday morning, hopefully
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:21:37 PM by Pete_Pittock »

JC Jones

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »

The East will NOT lose.  I don't care if this means we have to play dirty.  I'll take out Seitz's knees with a 5-iron, Dumb and Dumber style.

Jackson C

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »

The East will NOT lose.  I don't care if this means we have to play dirty.  I'll take out Seitz's knees with a 5-iron, Dumb and Dumber style.

Word from the club this weekend is your handicap needs to be cut a couple of strokes.
Either that or no one is going to take on your wager.  :)
"The secrets that golf reveals to the game's best are secrets those players must discover for themselves."
Christy O'Connor, Sr. (1998)

JC Jones

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »
I have an official USGA handicap.  There can be no quibbles nor quarrels.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »

which is always subject to change by a handicap committee in certain circumstances

Joe Hancock

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »

JC(if that's you're real name),

As long as you work play hard, no one will question how you obtained that card.....

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

JC Jones

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2013, 02:17:45 PM »

JC(if that's you're real name),

As long as you work play hard, no one will question how you obtained that card.....

Joe

I started keeping one because I got tired of the whining that always comes from the Human Brillo Pad.  Though apparently the Silver Fox at Kingsley has been spreading lies.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back